*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010501-Men-or-Beasts
Rated: 18+ · Other · Contest Entry · #2010501
Character Gauntlet Challenge Day Six
Onyx regained consciousness to the sound of weeping, and pleading. Her eyes shifted to panther eyes, giving her better night sight. A man stood over a bound and weeping Kaela. She lay on her stomach, the skirt of her dress torn, revealing her nakedness. The man standing over her laughed and lifted her hind end for easier access.

         No! Onyx cried, but it came out as a growl around the wad of rags in her mouth. They were held there by another tied around her head. She reached to remove it and discoved her hands were bound behind her back.

"Don't you worry," Kaela's assailant looked over his shoulder at Onyx. "When I'm through with this one, you'll get your turn. Until then, enjoy the show."

Onyx shifted her legs. They were free. She focused on turning them into her hybrid legs. As the beast of a man invaded Kaela, she cried out in agony. Onyx wormed her way up behind the beast, and positioned herself, so her legs were between his. She kicked with all her might smashing her foot into the apex between his thighs. The man lost his air and collapsed on top of Kaela who gave one final whimper. Kaela did her best to squirm out from under her attacker.

"Is he dead?" Kaela whispered.

I hope so, Onyx thought savagely. She focused her energy into bringing out her retractable panther claws. How did this happen?

while Onyx worked her claws through her bonds, she attempted to recall the events leading up to this moment.

Kaela talked Onyx into riding to the village with her to see Lao. It was a beautiful morning for riding. While they rode, they laughed and joked about how Kaela was going to leave Onyx with Lao for the day. We never made it to the village, Onyx realized as the ropes binding her wrists gave. She removed the gag, but did not speak. She was about to free Kaela when they heard another man's voice outside.

"Kai, you dumb bastard!" The voice outside called. "You better not be fucking the merchandise!"

"Oh! No!" Kaela gasped.

Onyx pressed a finger to her own lips and backed out of the lantern light fading into the darkness of the tent. Kaela shifted, so she sat on the tent floor. As the other man entered the tent, Kaela wept and prayed. The man looked down at the body of his companion, and then turned his eyes on Kaela. The young woman did her best to hold a torn bodice closed.

"Kai, you dumb shit," the other man grumbled. He moved to Kaela and crouched in front of her. "Did he finish?"

"I..." Kaela began. A dark form leapt over her, and pinned the other man to the ground. Kaela recognized Onyx in her panther form. As a half breed she couldn't achieve a dire panther form, but even a regular panther could tear a man's throat out.

"Please, no," the man pleaded. His pleas became gurgles as Onyx's mouth clamped around his throat.

"Onyx no!" Kaela cried. "Don't kill him!"

Onyx shook her head causing her victim to shake. She reached out to Kaela through spirit. Kaela gave in and let Onyx speak through her.

"Who are you?" Onyx demanded through Kaela's voice.

"We are simple slave traders," the man protested. "We saw you riding alone and figured you were easy targets."

"You figured wrong," Onyx snarled through Kaela's voice. The panther snarled as well and clamped down on its victim's throat. Onyx willed Kaela to stand, and walked her over to where she held the man. She knelt beside the man with her back to him. "Cut me loose."

The man shifted under the weight of the large cat and produced a dagger from his belt. Onyx laid her panther body on his upper body, so he couldn't lift the arm to stab either of them. The man used the part of his arm he could move to cut through the bonds on Kaela's wrists. Once Kaela was free Onyx released her. Kaela stood, and pulled her dress up to cover herself.

"Ony please don't kill him," Kaela pleaded.

Onyx released the man's throat, and stepped off of him. He sat up, and kept his eyes on the panther. Onyx stood between him and Kaela snarling and showing her teeth.

"Our horses?" Kaela inquired.

"Tied with our horses," the man answered.

"We'll let you go," Kaela stated, "but you will spread the word, slave traders are not welcome in the lands ruled by Lady Onyx. If you or any of yours set foot on her land you will be cut down."

"I understand," the man pulled his knees up to his chest.

Kaela left the tent, and Onyx followed her; still in panther form. They moved to the horse lines to retrieve theirs. The slave traders' horses reared and whickered at the sight of the panther. Onyx and Kaela's horses stood silent. Kaela untied them. When the slave traders' horses were freed Onyx sent them tearing off into the night with a loud roar. She turned back into her human form, and mounted her own horse. Once Kaela was mounted, the women rode away into the night. Onyx used her night sight to guide them back to her palace.



Word Count: 932
© Copyright 2014 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010501-Men-or-Beasts