*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010585-THE-WORLD-WE-LIVE-IN
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2010585
Let us heal the world and make it a better place.
We all know that death is inevitable. Unable to face and feared by many. This is the only thing known to be certain except on how, when and where it will happen (not unless somebody plans for his/her own death). Regardless of one's status, beliefs and race we are all going in the same dead end "death". Sometimes I wonder if death can be a little less tragic, if we all die in a natural way and not in a way caused by humans. Would it be acceptable if we just die because of old age without suffering any incurable illnesses? Would it be bearable if we just die simply by accident and not being intentionally killed by our fellow human beings? I know that losing somebody dear to us is very sad regardless of the way on how he/she passed away that nothing could compensate for the grief that we feel. Try to imagine the life people had before wherein they lived for more than a hundred years and were still in the prime of their lives. How I wish we can also live longer like them without having to worry about our health and life's security.
In this day that our world is in great chaos, we always witness various crimes, murders everywhere, wars among nations and several calamities that caused massive destruction not only to the environment but to properties and lives of people as well. Too many innocent lives have been lost, lives that could have been well spent and found its purpose. Nowadays people are becoming less and less humane. It seems like killing people is as natural as hunting wild animals without any second thought. It's hard to imagine how these people committed such vicious crimes. Did it ever occur to their minds that those bad things they have done to others might have happened to them also? Aren't these people feel a bit of sympathy for others? Don't they have families? I have no idea what drives these people to do such ruthless acts. All I know is that they do not have God in their lives, because if they do, none of these things would have happened. They might have had reasons for doing such awful things, but their actions were unjust and inhumane.
Our world is sick. This is the only place we knew life exists. Are we going to just let it suffer and die? The search for a cure lies within our hands, depends on our teamwork and unity, relies on our ability and wisdom. No matter how long the course of treatment is, we must not stop until we restore it back to a healthy world like its always has. I believe it's never too late to fix the mess that some of us have created. Let the knowledge and skills we possess be used for the betterment of our world so we can all benefit from it.
As I ponder on the situations we are at now, how I wish we could go back to the time when our world was not in total disarray, wherein humanity has been restored, wherein relationship among countries were strengthen, wherein our environment was still healthy, wherein people could still live peacefully, wherein our natural resources were not yet scarce, wherein people live simply without being dependent to modern technology, wherein love for God and family were the only thing that matters.♥♥♥
© Copyright 2014 sagittarian (luisagamelanie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010585-THE-WORLD-WE-LIVE-IN