*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010633-The-Green-Eyed-Being
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2010633
A beautiful young being loses its individuality to become a man in the modern world

The Green Eyed Being



Where has "your" soul gone or "your" mind?

Where has "your" flesh gone or those beautiful green eyes?

What about that stutter or twitch? Why do "you" speak so properly?

"Your" purity sickens me. Where has "your" coarseness gone?

What engulfs "your" being? Who has repossessed "you"?

I can't hear "your" heart anymore; "you" look very pale, "you're" shaking with fever.

What would Karl say or the man who longed for "renunciation"?

Maybe they were wrong but then why are "you" still shaking with fever? "You" are undistinguished.

Have "your" eyes never set sight on the moon? Is the light all "you" have ever seen?

Or maybe darkness has knitted a lifelong cloak for "you"?

"You" applaud when someone speaks and can't understand the understanding.

Can "you" see past "your" own reflection? Do "you" no longer have peripheral vision?

"Your" faith is strong I can feel it but I can no longer make out any of "your" features.

"You're" looking ever paler; are "you" sure "you're" ok? Oh how man now loves "you".

But do "you" love yourself? Can "you" sit in solitude and lust after every lonely second?



© Copyright 2014 Benjamin Thompson (bthompson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010633-The-Green-Eyed-Being