*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010907-Three-MLB-Series-To-Watch-This-Week
by ellenp
Rated: E · Column · News · #2010907
A preview three important Major League Series.
As the Major League Baseball's season draws to a close this week, there are three series to keep an eye on. These series feature teams that are in hunt of a playoff spot.

San Francisco Giants verses Los Angeles Dodgers


The Giants are 41/2 games behind the Dodgers in the National League West. The Giants must sweep the series in order to get back in the hunt for the NL. West title.

It won't be easy for the Giants either, as the team is facing two of the league's best pitchers. Zack Greinke is going to pitch for the Dodgers on Tuesday and Clayton Kershaw is going to pitch on Wednesday.

Kansas City Royals verses Cleveland Indians


The Royals are 11/2 games behind the Detroit Tigers in the American League Central. This series is crucial for the Royals. This series is going to determine if Kansas City is going to be in an one-game showdown in the Wild Card.

Seattle Mariners verses Toronto Blue Jays


Don't think for a minute that the fact Toronto is no longer in the playoff hunt that this series is going to be a cakewalk for Seattle. The Mariners lost three games over the weekend to the lowly Houston Astros. Those three losses has Seattle fighting for their playoff lives and the Blue Jays are going to be more than happy to come out of the series as the spoiler.

The Mariners are 11/2 games back of the AL. Wild Card spot.
© Copyright 2014 ellenp (ellenp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010907-Three-MLB-Series-To-Watch-This-Week