*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011394-Template
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #2011394
sample to give ideas and so you can adapt whatever method or create your own template.


Hi, , today I am reviewing {item:}

*BulletB* General Impressions *CheckB*
*BulletB* Favorite Parts *CheckB*
*BulletB* Corrections and Closing Remarks *CheckB*

*Exclaim* Please remember that you are the best judge of what is right for your story *Exclaim* Whatever another person says -- especially me *Exclaim* -- whether positive or negative, is just their opinion *Exclaim* You are the only one who can decide what is right for your story. *Exclaim*

Thanks for sharing this item! I only review things that I enjoy reading, and I truly did enjoy this piece. Please keep on writing more things just like this!



Template Notes: I want to explain the parts to you. As a new reviewer, the reason I use a template at all is because it keeps my mind focused on the job at hand, and I don't forget anything. As writers, our time is important. I hate having to redo a review, because I forgot the important parts. For those of you who have a free membership and the ten spaces to store things, you don't have the review templates available. You can do this manually.

First, you create a static form in your portfolio and cut and paste this form into it. Or you can cut and paste it into a word doc, or other word processor document. If you are like me, I started reviewing newbies like me. Not knowing that all the other colored cases are more forgiving than the newbies. Don't ever be afraid of the blue suitcases, yellow suitcases or the purple suitcases. They are people just like you and me. They love the new people reviewing them. It gives them a chance to meet you and see your awesomeness.

Note:Allow me to ask you this question. Don't you like to be greeted in any letter or correspondence sent to you? When you review someone treat them like you expect your friends to treat you by using their name in your greeting. You can find 'suser' by hovering your mouse on their name handle at the top of their item. Once you find it, then right click the handle and it shows you the user box. You can copy and paste the name into your template. For item, that is the item ID number minus the pound sign and you start with the numbers next to the colon, and ends it with a '}.' There should be no spaces in it anywhere. "Invalid Item

Below is a welcome I cut and paste into my template as I need it. If you notice on the writers handle when you hover over it. The suitcase will give you the start date of this author. If the date is under 31 days. I cut and paste in the welcome part, otherwise, I leave it out. After all, it is all cut and paste. Just so you know you can cut and paste the template into the big white box at the bottom of the story or poem you just finished reading.


Welcome to WDC or Writing Dot Com. I hope you are enjoying your stay here. As you look around you will find some of the nicest, friendly people always willing to help. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to ask me any time.

*BulletB* General Impressions This is where I put my general remarks about the item I just read whether it is a poem or a short story. Notice I placed my remarks between the and the checkmark. *CheckB*

*BulletB* Favorite Parts The Story Master allows us to use a snippets which is equal to two sentences. Now if it is a newbie and it is a run-on sentence being the whole paragraph is one sentence. Just cut out two of the four or five sentences. *CheckB*

*BulletB* Correction and Closing Remarks You can use this section to point out mistakes that drop the reader out of the story. Or discuss ways to Improve the story. Remember, we are not reviewing, the author, just the story or poem. *CheckB*

The last part is the disclaimers they are pretty much there to help the authors being reviewed to know it's just your opinion and nothing more.

Then comes your signature = blank----- just put your user name there and save it with the template. Then you can copy it over with the template and only need to fill it in once. The reason you sign it. Because you are proud of your hard work reviewing that story. Now that you see the coding for this form and how it works. You are a unique person. Now that you see how things work, don't be afraid of experimenting with it to make it your own. Some people don't like this method and that's cool it is what makes you so unique. This is just a sample to give you ideas and show you the coding so you can adapt whatever method or create your own template.
© Copyright 2014 Snitsuj (snitsuj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011394-Template