*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012268-Initiation-Ceremony
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2012268
Initiation ceremony into The Scribes

Word Count: 696

Initiation Ceremony



Every year there are initiates taken from their lives and brought to the ceremony for The Scribes. Each person is carefully chosen and sought after for reasons only The Father knows. The orders are given and The Master follows them faithfully; he is the most trusted of all his followers. The ceremony takes place on a piece of property in the middle of nowhere in Missouri County. All the participants in this ceremony have a ceremonial fire with a gold goblet on top of an altar. This is the ceremony that is performed every year.

"You are all invited here for one specific reason. I am Master. For the initiation of the Scribes. There are no volunteers. Everyone is chosen by our Father. Now you are all in this secluded location for your protection. Now, please remove the blind folds and we can begin."

Slater walked forward to each of the ten blind folded initiates and one by one took off the blind fold. After the last blind fold was removed, he stood in front of the ceremonial fire and chanted, "They are here, for you my Father. They are ready for the commitment. They are here for your service. May I always be in your favour, Father." After these words he sat down and bowed his head, waiting for what is to come.

A booming voice rang through the silence, saying, "My beauties. I am pleased you have everyone here. Let the ceremony begin. Only one of you will survive this imitation. Let us begin. I am so pleased you have all done as I have commanded of each of you. One word of advice all will go well as long as you do as I say. I am the Father and I know each one of better than you know yourselves."

"We shall not waste any more time. Janice please come forward."

Janice gets up from her kneeling position and slowly walks toward the man speaking. Feeling a little woozy she trips and falls on her knees. Looking up Janice sees a hand reaching out to help and she takes it. Getting up she says in a raspy voice, "Thank you."

"Silence. No one is to speak unless you have been given permission. Come forward."

Janice walks toward the Master and stands in front of him. The Master picks up gold goblet with both hands, off of the alter and says, "With this commitment you make with the Father, you are loyal to him first in all things. The bound is sealed with blood." He tips the goblet over Janice's head so the blood runs down her head on to her neck and onto her black gown. Standing there covered in blood The Master says to Janice, "Go back to your spot. It is time for Mark to come forward." The rest of the nine went through the same ritual. Afterwards all of the initiates are kneeling before The Master.

Slater who is The Master's right hand man came forward to the ceremonial fire, chanting, "We are all ready now for you Father. The initiates have been sealed for you. They are ready."

"My, my, my. Yes they are ready. I am very pleased you found them all. Welcome to the Scribes. I will now be with you always. You will each have a job to do and I will come to each of you when the time is right. Well done. Well done."

"Slater, they have all passed. Please come forward for the branding ceremony."

Slater picks up a long metal poker with a circle on the end and the middle of the circle has a design which looks like a couple of squiggly lines. When he gets to the fire he puts the poker in the fire to heat it up. Approaching the first initiate he lifts the sleeve of her tunic and puts the circle on her skin. It burns a symbol which seals the tie between her and the Father. Each initiate gets this symbol on their arm. After, The Master says, "We will take you to your room now. You all must be very tired. Welcome to the Scribes."



© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012268-Initiation-Ceremony