*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012578-Why-are-we-so-affraid-of-fear-itself
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #2012578
Have you ever heard of people who do not know fear?
Why are we so afraid of fear itself?

Have you ever heard of people who do not know fear? Then you can take a not so wild guess and say they are letting you on. We all know fear and all of us have experienced it. Yes all of us, even a newly born baby. Very young children often suffer from stenophobia, the fear for narrow openings or narrow places. It has been postulated as a fear that comes from being born.
The unknown is another fear that many, if nota all, people share. We are all afraid of what will happen in the future. The Irish people have even made a law about it, Murphyâs Law.
Murphyâs Law says: âIf anything can go wrong, it will go wrong at the most inopportune momentâ.
What to do
So what are we to do to overcome that fear? Sometimes it is best not to do anything. Anything but listen to the fear that is. If you are on the edge of a very high roof it is probably very good to be afraid. Be afraid to fall down because there is a very real reason for your fear. The feeling of fear will make you more careful and that will in fact stop you from falling down. If you are walking through tall grass in the State of Texas in the United States, it is very well to be careful and afraid of snakes, rattlesnakes live in that kind of terrain.
The unreasonable fears, the phobias, yes those should be feared as they are really dangerous. If you are not able to look at an informative program on TV about snakes and you switch it off, your fear is winning and you lose. You miss the information that will help you overcome the fear, out of fear for fear itself.
The best way
To overcome a phobia it is best to invite a good friend to an internet session and start looking for all the information you can find about the phobia. Discuss it with your friend, but make sure you are the best source of information about snakes in the city you live in. If you are suffering from ophidiophobia, learn all there is to know about snakes . That way you will transform your ophidiophobia into a degree in ophiodiology. Then you can look for a specialized personal guide to help you overcome the rest of the fear that you yourself have by now identified as illogical. 
The fear a baby has for narrow places will go away by itself, there is no need to study narrow places or to seek the help of a personal guide. The trick that really is no trick , to learn all there is to know about the cause of your fear will always work , but be careful , If you are suffering from acrophobia , do not start studying high places by yourself , take one or even two very good friends along , a long rope might be helpful too . Better be safe then sorry. 
phobialist.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia


© Copyright 2014 Gone Native (gonenative at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012578-Why-are-we-so-affraid-of-fear-itself