*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012592-US-Sending-Tanks-To-Baltic-States
Rated: 13+ · Article · Other · #2012592
Brief article on the United States sending a tank battalion to the Baltic States.
The United States have sent a tank battalion to the Baltic States. The Baltic States include: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. From the reports the United States military has sent it's "Ironhorse" armored cavalry unit which is based in Texas to the Baltic States. The battalion consists of around 700 soldiers, Bradley and Stryker armored vehicles, and twenty M1A1 Abrams main battle tanks.

The Baltic States said that they are worried about Russia's actions in the Ukraine conflict. Along with the Baltic States, Poland's Prime Minister has voiced her opinion on the Ukraine matter. Ewa Kopacz (Poland Prime Minister) stated this in her inauguration speech, "In the face of what's happening in Ukraine, closer relations with the United States become more important. That is why my government will make every effort to ensure that the United States increases its military presence in Poland."

The United States sending the tank battalion to the Baltic States and also willingness to back Poland's want for military involvement only escalates the Ukraine conflict. This only continues to prove who the true aggressors are. NATO and the United States are the real aggressors in this conflict. Surrounding Russia with military troops and equipment will not bring a peaceful solution to the conflict. It will only continue to escalate the issue and continue to provoke Russia.
© Copyright 2014 TheResistanceWriter (theresistance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012592-US-Sending-Tanks-To-Baltic-States