*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012754-Oct-3-Protagonist-Profile
by Rojodi
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #2012754
Nicholas "Nick" Deyman's profile
Basics

Name: Nicholas Regis Xavier Deyman, nicknames include Nick, Nicky, and R
Pronunciation: DAY-mun, DAY-men
Age: 48
City or Area of Birth: Schenectady NY
Sex: Male
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 200lbs
Hair: Short salt and pepper, more salt now
Eyes: dark brown
Clothes: Prefers to wear “Business Casual”, but is not opposed to wearing dark, tailored suits. Will wear “Seasonal Comfort” as well
Marriage Status: Widowed, wife Katerina (nee Szczepanek) was killed during by a hit-and-run driver 12 years earlier.
Children: Maria, 20, and Anna, 19
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Occupation: Private Detective
Character Description: Nick takes an analytical approach to his work: He was once a very capable computer programmer after his burgeoning professional soccer career ended by a freak accident – a large branch from a park tree broke off during a wind storm, hitting him in the face and injuring his left eye and giving him a concussion . The post-concussion symptoms took too long to overcome.

The death of his wife and subsequent inability for local law enforcement officers to find the driver caused him to find the person. When he did, he was offered a private investigator job with an upstate NY agency.

Family

Father: Edward Deyman
Living/Deceased: Deceased
Occupation of Father: Courier Supervisor, Beverwyck Savings Bank
Mother: Katherine Deyman (nee Bouchard)
Living/Deceased: Living
Occupation of Mother: Sales Manager, Adirondack clothing
Parental Marriage Status: Divorced
Sister(s): Three – Alexandra (Alex), Antoinette (Toni), and Christina (Tina)
Age(s): 52, 51, and 46
Living/Deceased: Living
Marriage Status: Divorced, Married (third time), and Married (First)
Aunt(s), Uncle(s), Cousin(s), etc: Many
Other Family Occupations: N/A


Relationships with Others

Current Lover/Spouse No one steady, but has many lovers
Best Friend(s): High school buddy Micah Andrzejewski is his best friend, has since the first day of kindergarten in Catholic School
Other Friends: Josh Thompson
Past Love(s)/Spouse(s): None
Worst Enemy: He has an underlying feeling that whatever he does isn’t good enough for others.
Allies: His own stubbornness, to finish what he starts.
Ability to Make New Friends: Amiable and affable, especially to the opposite sex. It sometimes rubs men the wrong way, though.
Other People of Note in Character's Life: Simome Campion (Will add his staff later).
Reason Why They are Noteworthy: Oldest sister’s best friend.

Background

Where Raised: Upstate New York. Attended college in North Carolina, where he was playing indoor soccer before an accident ended that.
Family Background: Edward Deyman was born on the St. Regis Mohawk reservation, his father a full-blooded Mohawk, his mother half French. Nick was raised Catholic, but was also taught the legends and myths of his father’s family.

Psychological Profile

Greatest Joy: Tie – births of his daughters
Greatest Trauma: Coming across his wife’s accident scene and having to tell their daughters she was gone.
Morals: Nick is a very moral man, but has been known to be too sexual as of late.
Ambitions: To help find his clients happiness or closure.
Positive Personality Traits: Loyal, hardworking, intelligent, moral, self-sacrificing, etc.
Negative Personality Traits: Too friendly with women, tireless when on a case.
Mannerisms: Nick can walk softly when needed. Carries himself well.
Fears, Anxieties: Is always fearful that harm will come to his daughters, especially when they’re out on a date.
Temperament: Open and friendly but can be guarded.
How Character Displays Emotions: Open to a fault.
Leader/Follower: Leads from the front.
Perception of Others: “Don’t give me a reason to hate you.”
Perception of Self: He’s been given a task and must finish it.
© Copyright 2014 Rojodi (rojodi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012754-Oct-3-Protagonist-Profile