*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012931-North-And-South-Korea-Surprise-Talks
Rated: E · Article · Political · #2012931
Out of nowhere North Korea is starting a round of talks with South Korea.
As most know, the Korean peninsula was divided after the Korean war in the early fifty's. Although you could say the war never technically ended. With cross border fire, constant threats, North Korea's ballistic and nuclear missile tests, and South Korea/United States joint military exercises on an annual basis, you could say the war is still going on in some ways today. No peace treaty was signed after the Korean War. A demilitarized zone was created that separated the North and the South.

After giving a twenty four hour notice, North Korean delegates formerly arrived in South Korea for the closing ceremony of the Asian games on Saturday. The North Korean senior delegates included high ranking officials such as: the director of People's Army general political bureau Hwang Pyong-So. Pyong-So is rumored to be the second most powerful man in North Korea. Also present was Choe Ryong-Hae who is a senior aide to the North Korea's president Kim Jong-Un.

This is the first time North Korea and South Korea have had high level talks since 2007. It has been reported that another inter-Korean high level meeting is scheduled in the next couple weeks. The out of nowhere talks between the two sides bring up some curious questions. Could this possibly be due to the unknown status and whereabouts of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un? Kim Jong-Un has not been spotted in the last couple of months, not even to make television statements, which is quite odd knowing his past behavior. Reports have been made that Kim Jong-Un is in poor health at the moment, but no statement has been released by any North Korean agency on his status. Another question could be, does these meetings have anything to do with the riots going on in Hong-Kong, China? Perhaps their is some worry in the North and South Korean countries about how bad these riots in China could escalate. Another is, that perhaps South Korea is not happy with recent United States actions in international affairs, such as the Ukraine conflict and ISIS conflict. Is it possible we could see once again a unified Korean peninsula? With growing threats all around the world, it would only make sense for the two sides to unite and become a strong and dominant unified country.
© Copyright 2014 TheResistanceWriter (theresistance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012931-North-And-South-Korea-Surprise-Talks