*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013002-Soukee
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2013002
Background short story on my protagonist character for nano-prep

Word count: 626



Soukee



Soukee is sitting on the grass enjoying the soft breeze on her face and warm sun shining down on her. There is not a cloud that can be seen in the bright blue sky. Everything felt brighter and warmer than usual. The river in front of her is so clear and magical moving water sounds blends in beautifully with the sounds of nature. Lying down now on the grass and looking up at the sky, Soukee notices something strange. There are some bright balls blinking is what it looks like.

The world of Epic is just about to get rocked like never before. The first fire balls hit the area Soukee was enjoying her day. She saw them coming and as she sat up the already embedded into the earth. In shock, looking around her and saying to herself, “What is going on?”

As she made it to her feet the earthquakes started. The land shook so hard that she was thrown down to the ground. She attempted to stand up and tripped over her right foot. Falling down on the ground she felt the vibrations moving through her body. All she could do is laid on the ground and used her arms to curl in a ball. Fear started to take over her body and the uncontrollable shaking made the earlier vibrations seems like a game. The cracking started happening, looking up to see the source her body froze where she was, the site scared her like nothing else she had seen so far. Pieces of the mountain in the distances were falling and rolling towards her like bowling ball going toward the pins. In her current condition there was no way she could move fast enough. She did not see the huge stone boulder coming and smashing her body into the ground. She did not feel a thing.



Soukee opened her eyes and found herself in a new place. Looking around she saw miles and miles of what looked like a meadow with a few pathways. She stood up and noticed a woman not far from her wearing a rose tunic with a silver belt around her waist. Her charcoal hair and piercing hazel eyes are beyond beautiful. Soukee waves her arm in the air and says, “Hello. Ms, what is this place?”

Hello, Soukee. Welcome to Summerland.”

Soukee stammers, “How do you know my name?”

I have been expecting you. What is the last thing you remember?”

I am not sure. My memory feels a little fuzzy.”

The woman nods her head and says, “That is to be expected because you were pulled quickly from the physical realm to the spiritual realm. My name is Ariana. I have been expecting you.”

Soukee’s lips start quivering and she blurts out, “Are yyyouuu saaaayin’ III am deeadd?”

There is no such thing as death. The concept you are familiar with is misleading to the truth of what actually happens. You are a soul, which is the true essence of who you are. Your physical body is done now and you have left it behind in the physical realm. This place is purely a spiritual or soul realm.”

Some tears rolled down Soukee’s cheeks and the quivering stopped. “What happened to me?”

It is better for you to have your memory come back on its own. I will be spending some time with you. Making sure that you know where to go and also I want to tell you that based on my experience here, the ideas that physical beings had about what happens when you pass are not true. This may be hard to deal with. Come I will show you where you will live.”

Soukee follows Ariana and is very confused about everything.

© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013002-Soukee