*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013229-On-The-Surface-of-Nisar-3rd-Person
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2013229
3rd person introduction of a new character in "On The Surface of Nisar"
Rakki let out a breath as she stretched down her long mutant leg, her forehead touching to her knee. She felt incredible in achieving this level of unity with her body, knowing her symmetry, balance, and strength. Rakki sat up slowly, feeling her muscles relax as she sucked in another deep breath and opened her eyes. Then bent down between her two spread legs, her nose against the foam mat that went wall to wall in the makeshift dojo. Finally, she stood up in a graceful motion only her augmented body could execute.
Standing in the center of the small, but empty training room she reached across her body and pulled out the long sai from their sheath. Rakki tossed one to her right hand, it made a metallic shriek as it passed against it’s twin brother, and it’s sound echoed back from the cement walls. Her thumbs went over the yoko, with a small flick of her wrist the sai spun around and returned to their positions. They were crafted for her, and made for balance, their weight was perfect and was the standard for which she judged all weapons by.
Another flick and the monouchi came to her forearms, pommels ready to strike. Her right leg with it’s paw foot slide back into a fighting stance, the sai came up in front of her body. Rakki concentrated, planned, and focused, finally she sprung, launching herself off the ground, spinning, kicking and her sai flashed. She landed and powered the left sai forward into the imaginary chest of an attacker. The enraged sai flew around her hands, hissing through her fingers, twisting around her thumbs, and their handles came into her palms and hummed as they stopped in her grip.
Rakki let the intense stimulation, she always got from her warm-up, settle and she slid the sai back into their sheath. Bowing to the red tapestry on the dojo wall, she ended the practice. Now it was time to go to work, she entered the “kitchen” a table with an electric burner, mini-refrigerator, and a plastic bucket for a sink. She twisted the nozzle over the bucket and filled a plastic cup to the brim, which she sipped slowly.
Downing the last drip of water, she pulled out a duffle bag from under the kitchen table, kneeled down and unzipped it. Rakki removed the protective gear from the bag sorting it into piles. Then, starting with the chest piece, she began to dawn it cinching up the back plates and linking the bendable abdomen section to the groin and hip protection, wrapping her feet, and strapping on shoulder, elbow, and knee pads. Making sure everything was on right, and snug, throwing a few kicks to be sure there would be no surprises. The armor was incredibly lightweight for it's level of protection. Attaching her sai sheath back back on, then she reached back into the duffle bag and pulled out a black cloth, she brushed off the lint that clung to the mask, and tied the mask around the lower half of her face.
© Copyright 2014 Rowan Marvel (rowanmarvel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013229-On-The-Surface-of-Nisar-3rd-Person