*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013588-Definition-List
Rated: 13+ · Outline · Writing · #2013588
For Nano Prep...
Definition List


Green Lane, Pennsylvania:
Green Lane Park:
*Bullet* October/ Early November. Cooler temperature: mid 50s; trees in full colour - reds, oranges, yellows.
*Bullet* Calm pond that reflects the silhouettes of the trees. Peaceful and quiet.
*Bullet* Two hiking trails: blue and white. Birds chirp, leaves rustle as you walk. Pony riders gallop through the trails.
*Bullet* Perfect for photography: protagonist is a photographer, although amateur. She joins a contest for a card company that is looking for photography and poetry. She's also a writer. She submits the following two poems:

Tonight's the magical night
where witches take flight
and children in silly masks
go door to door and ask--
"Trick or treat?!"
and are rewarded in sweets:
pumpkins' glittering lights
wishing you a Halloween so bright!


Today as I watched the Autumn sun rise,
wind rustling, red and orange leaves fly--
it reminds me of you:
sailing on the water so blue
watching the rainbow reflect
the final days before winter connects.
I hope today you will let the wind
take you on a journey and for a spin,
scents of cinnamon and apple circle you
in all of your dreams and wishes come true.

Happy Autumn!


Wesley Culp College
*Bullet* Graduation in a month.
*Bullet* Protagonist is merry-go-sorry (filled with both joy and sorrow) - she can't wait to graduate to start life, but wishes her dad could be there to see her graduate.
*Bullet* Preparation to graduate - clearances, grades, buying graduation items. Family invites, which protagonist can't do since she has no family).
*Bullet* Busy trying to wrap things up before she graduates.
         *Bulletr* Owl's Hooting: the school newspaper that the protagonist writes and photographs for.
         *Bulletr* Emissary: poetry society to which the protagonist belongs to.

*Bulletv* Protagonist lives in Bryn Mawr on Violet Street in a cottage. She will sell this to move.

Relocating:
*Bullet* getting resumes together without current address; the work that goes into it (more information through research).
*Bullet* just moving to Peaceful Willows Apartments complex in Roseville, MI (make sure it's not in existence).
*Bullet* finding jobs and finally landing a gig at Lion's Pride Publications.

Lion's Pride Publications:
*Bullet* Located on Woodward Avenue in Detroit... between Midtown and Downtown.
*Bullet* Fiction, poetry and non-fiction.
*Bullet* Binds books.
*Bullet* Billing and claims - this is what the protagonist does. She is hired to bill clients, payroll and customer service.
*Bullet* Small company that was founded in 1996 by Anna Fritz.

Absinthe Palace
Hangout in Detroit. They serve absinthe and other liquor. Bands play there. (Look up absinthe laws in Michigan - in Pennsylvania absinthe can't have worm wood, but in Tennessee absinthe can have worm wood.)

Dunkel Tod is a band the protagonist loves.
© Copyright 2014 Future Mrs. B (dunkelhetstern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013588-Definition-List