*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013706-Dearest-Lover
Rated: 13+ · Other · Relationship · #2013706
A King breaks it off to keep his own.
"Dearest Lover," he spoke aloud as his quill worked on the parchment. "In this letter, I wish to inform you that I can't keep to this affair. You are but a servant in my Manor, and this love is too much to bear." He paused to dip his quill. "My mistress will find out and take me to the grave."

He chuckled to himself as he sat for a moment, wondering what he shall add next.

"I apologize sincerely for my abruptness," he dipped the quill once more. "Once you read this, come to my quarters and we shall discuss."

Grinning mischievously, he finished with his royal signature. It was undoubtedly so that he needn't not sign it this way for cause that it was his lover, but he was determined to break the relationship off so he must be practical.

"Dear!" He cried out, letting his deep voice boom in the enormous Master Bedroom. A songbird that was perched upon the fireplace tried to sing a note as long as he spoke out, and it matched perfectly.

"Yes, my love?" A voice echoed up the stairs. Tis a woman, but the booming voice caused his Majesty to rethink his decision of whom he shall keep.

"Please come here and deliver this to Vivienne, for it is urgent and I must go bathe."

In response, a cry of hatred crawled up into the almost empty room.

The soft click of his wife's shoes gave away her position and soon enough, the black haired woman stood in the doorway.

A smile and flicker in his golden eyes caused her to relax, and walk towards him. "If my love wishes it so," she spoke monotonously. "I will please him."

Before he could respond with his gratitude, she cut him off.

"Don't," she answered frigidly. "I know what must be done."

He sighed and handed her the letter to his soon-to-be ex-lover, and he stole a kiss from his Queen. "I love you," he whispered.
© Copyright 2014 Arktic-Rage (vivianporch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013706-Dearest-Lover