*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014307-Stars-Of-Evoney-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2014307
A quirky SciFi Romance when Kayden meets a girl out of this world ;)



Prologue

He felt a light breeze as he walked along the brightly lit streets of Toronto. Kayden missed the country area he had grown up in for one specific reason because he could sit in the open fields in the night air. He could count the millions of stars that contained hope and, possibilities. With the extremely bright lights of Toronto stars were no longer visible. This distracted people from finding the truth behind the stars.



Chapter 1

Kayden's digital alarm clock lay crooked on the shelf set for 10:00am. Though there was little need for the alarm this morning as something small and, fluffy lay across his neck. He woke up and almost had a heart failure assuming, some rabid animal had broken in his apartment. Kayden jumped quite harshly and, was half right.

"I almost just flung you off the bed and, you're still staring at me." Kayden muttered to his 3 pound lop eared rabbit. He thought about how much the bunny had probably pooped on his bed too while he was sleeping. The alarm clock now read 8:30am.

Soon Kayden realized that Poki's cage lid was left open the night before. Poki decided sticking his red and white haired face in his owner's neck again would achieve him getting food. Kayden began walking towards the bag of kibble. As he walked he wiped his messy mid-length curly brown hair out of his face.

Poki bugged Kayden until he played fetch with him. After the intense game of fetch he started searching for his spare change.

Kayden lived in Scarborough which was just outside Toronto. Meaning he had to take the Go Train to get to downtown Toronto.  He was just about to walk out the door when he sighed in exasperation almost forgetting his glasses.

"Why did he have to remember? The only useful thing they did was make his very light brown eyes look enormous thought Kayden. Well and, not get a hit by cars, vision always helped while walking in downtown Toronto answered his smart ass of a conscious."

Kayden very often did forget his glasses though "by accident he kept telling himself".

He was just barely making his train after a solid 5 minute sprint through the parking lot. Everyone Kayden saw today appeared to be in a quiet kind of mood. This was odd as Scarborough and, Toronto normally are loud social cities. As the go train came to a halt he headed for the doors. However Kayden had completely missed the steps off the train and, found him-self laying face first on the platform. Hoisting his skinny frame of a body back to his feet and blushing he headed out of the station. Kayden was extremely klutzy often tripping over things and losing his balance. He felt rather pathetic when he tripped over stupid things in public.

It was quite a windy morning as he was heading along a street towards a small coffee shop. He felt the warmth flow into his body as he opened the door of the shop. Everyone's nose appeared to be buried in the Toronto Star the top newspaper in Toronto. He assumed there must have been some damn good piece of gossip in there today. He ordered a tea latte and, managed to get it to the table without spilling it. He began Looking out the window at autumn leaves that had blown on to the side walk as he drifted away into thought. Kayden pictured girls with red and light brown hair the colours of the crisp leaves outside.

Then he thought to himself almost out loud. "Women were like tea lattes; warm for a few minutes until, you saw the white foaming emotions trying to drown you. Underneath lay liquid with too much added sugar to hide the real bitter flavor. Yet you always are addicted to the taste and energy they bring so, you spend money on at least one or two a day. No matter how hard you try to say you could live without them it simply is not fathomable."

Now that Kayden had analyzed his beverage as women he wasn't sure he wanted to drink it now. He really hoped he didn't accidently say it out loud as he nervously began to look over his shoulder to check for dirty looks. Not seeing any he did however see something eye catching. A copy of The Toronto Star with an article headlined "Not completely alone". He couldn't tell what the picture on the cover was, it was blurry. Curiosity now compelling him he he swiped the newspaper from the abandoned table. The picture at first glance only appeared to be scrap pieces of metal. He took a second glance and, now he saw it.



"Not Completely Alone"

By David Stone

On September 21st 2013 at 4:30am reports of large scrap metal pieces were found in the Algonquin area. One apparent witness left a statement in a small note pad on the scene.

"Hiking the trails I noticed something strange in one of the darker areas of the forest. At first glance it was very un-recognizable but, it was a foggy day too.  When I took a closer look the object appears to be a long cylinder shape and, have 2 small pieces that look like they could be wings" quoted from note book of Ballinda Vallentine page 1.

Other features Ballinda described in the note pad were: "The metal object had a large opening almost like a door. Up close it almost looks like it could've been a high tech vehicle or aircraft. I went to peek inside I immediately saw broken wires covering the floor noted. I also noticed several broken computer screens and a stench that smelt like rotting food. What really made me suspect it was an unknown aircraft is because one of the broken screens had what looked like an Ariel map on it."

Suspecting there may have even been a living being in the odd cylinder object Ballinda contacted police. No police showed up though as they had been told by higher authority not to assist. The Canadian government publicly states there was no incident whatsoever and, that the so called witness was a rebellion of the government. Police were warranted that night to arrest Ballinda Valentine for attempting to purposely waste authorities man power. Ballinda was rumored to have to returned to the cylinder the night of her arrest. According to police she was attempting to check what appeared to be the only working computer until she saw the police behind her. No one has found the remains of the metal cylinder object or Ballinda. Reporters only found a single picture from a camera and, Ballinda's notebook. Rumors have it though a unidentified young woman was spotted in the area an hour SMACK!!!

To Kaydens horror a women just behind him smacked him in the head with a newspaper.

















© Copyright 2014 The X Files Lover (xfileslover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014307-Stars-Of-Evoney-Chapter-1