*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014316-Enyia-Soniac-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2014316
Living in the same world but never seen by humans. appearing too flawlessly beautiful



Prologue

"I never understood why humans needed drinks that made you feel better, smashed up ingredients made into a white pill that temporarily healed you, and paper rolls that smoked at the end. All of these extra efforts they make to maintain a happy lifestyle. I'm not that different from a human. I don't quite understand why we can live on the same planet. Yet our towns, or even us for that matter are never allowed to be seen by humans." We look, walk, talk, and even believe to think like you. We are just more flawlessly beautiful, genetically enhanced, and born to live a different life style."

~Melonna Cresswood~

Daughter of Saria Cresswood.



Chapter 1 the Unseen

"People really do have very silly fears. A very common fear people were convinced aliens are living on earth and planning to take over. Really though alien is such a harsh term to label those unknown. My town Edgemont Waters is a beautiful nature filled area to live in. We had lots of rivers that ran alongside paths just outside the main town area. One the few areas Enyia Soniacs like me reside" thought Melonna Cresswood attempting to sleep.

Melonna often attempted to try and think what it would be like living in the human world. This was a very bad thing for her to be fascinated with. The emperor circle of Edgemont Waters was already being very generous with her special conditions her mother brought upon her. She knew very well if they had followed the law she would not be laying here in her bed today. She would be lying on an unfamiliar place, with unknown people unable to survive. The Emperor circle had strict anti-human laws to prevent Enyia Soniac from being known to them. They had 4 exits placed in a north, south, east, west end of the town. These exits you had to have a special license to use. Someone from another town of Enyia Soniacs who sold did special events were permitted to obtain a license. Even with licence's you were extremely watched. As human population was only 20kms away from the trails . Once you arrived though it was relaxed as usual Edgemont Water's resided behind barriers. Most Enyia Soniac towns had barriers to stop humans from seeing the towns. They were so useful because the barriers themselves were invisible to humans. There were a few bad incidents though...

"Oh the laws we uphold all to keep our existence secret. An Existence we don't even know the humans would be bothered by." Melonna thought warily as she finally drifted to sleep.

Melonna dreamed about a old disfigured women on her knees screaming. 

"This world we live in it's not fair it's fixed. Calling people betrayers for supporting what they believe in and, all because you disagree" the women screamed on and on.

Melonna could make out the women's dark brown hair that was once beautiful now singed and rough. The women's flawless pale face now had broken veins and, blood clots were forming. Tattered clothes... BANG something hit the window very hard she must have jumped 5 feet.

"Who the heck is up at sunrise anyways!" Melonna thought to herself half annoyed half startled.

Not like she needed to ask as expected she saw the wisp of jet black hair that belonged to Lori Bellaton. Lori had the exact opposite appearance as Melonna Tall, long black hair, dark green eyes, had a foresty kind of look, and, like every other Enyia Soniac breath taking flawless. Melonna was petite, had a mix of farm girl, and child looking appearance. No one ever believed she was 20 with her short blond hair, dark blues eyes made her look all too innocent.

"Sorry just trying to break in this stupid new horse it's been banging into houses all days. Leave it to me to run across the one 7 year old horse running around thinking it's a bucking bronco" Said Lori with a look of frustration written on her face.

Most people in Edgemont Waters got around by walking or, if you were lucky enough to find a horse roaming around the country area. Lori almost always hung around alone in the forest so it was just a matter of time before a couple of horses ran in there. Being extremely good with the wilderness and animals for Lori it would be easy catching and training a horse. Melonna also  had a small horse she rode as she lived just outside the farm area. Lori's horse was huge and a shade of hazel. Unlike Melonna's small little pony she could get away with riding because she was so small.

"Well I suppose I can't really talk the farmer gave me my pony already trained. Also Meralin is pretty small so she can only really kick so high". Melonna said smirking a bit.

"Yeah well if I can get this horse to stop running into walls to buck me off it'll be a start. Anyways though do you work today?" asked Lori.

"Day off that's why I was sleeping in might, as well get up and go to town now though" Said Melonna half asleep.

Melonna and Lori both worked for the hunters club because they were the only work available at the time they could do. Lori made weapons from natural resources. Lori also got to assist on hunting trips with the guys in the town. Melonna they used more as little spokes model. They had her selling food and products in the store. Enyia Soniacs had a tendency to make a lot of their clothes, homes, and belongings from hand.

"Well I think I'm walking today I don't want to kill the good citizens." Lori said sarcastically as she started to tie her horse to a post near Melonna's house.

Melonna laughed she knew Lori was considered a loner in the town. It was not uncommon for Lori to get strange looks all the time when walking through town. Although Enyia Soniacs often were born with strange powers or abilities they still found Lori's disturbing. From the age of 10 Lori claimed all the animals that died in Edgemont Waters went to the forest and spoke to her. Why her Lori didn't know but she liked talking and being able to communicate with them. They told Lori the most fascinating stories and even about their family still living. Lori never talked about this with people nor would anyone have even found out if it wasn't for the major incident that happened 6 years ago.



















© Copyright 2014 The X Files Lover (xfileslover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014316-Enyia-Soniac-Chapter-1