*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014457-A-new-Garden-Dragon-story
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2014457
There are wonders in our world. Did you know in gardens the smallest kind of dragons live.
Garden Dragon
The hidden world of the garden dragons
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introducing the garden dragons.

There are many wonders in our world,
But did you know there is a place in all gardens,
In which the smallest kind of dragons live.
It seems hard to imagine there would ever be such a place in a garden,
For all one normally finds is the wonder of flowers,
Plants, creatures, and bugs that live there.
One would never think that there where dragons there.
Though if one is in need of help,
One just might find help from a garden dragon.

Now garden dragons are rare to find,
For they have ways to hide right before your eyes.
You would never know they are there,
Unless they want you to know.
Yes, they come in many colors for it is not always, how you look,
However, how you act that gets you noticed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - Hello


    I lay on the leaf of a sunflower warming up from the night before as I watch a bee buzzing amongst a patch of pink and purple petunias.  It had been a hard night for me the fact that Nessa had decided I was supposed to be his right after I showed myself to Lacy.  Poor Lacy was only a baby compared to her parents but she was already big enough to squish me without knowing it.
Poor thing, I found Lacy early yesterday morning curled up crying in the center of the rose bushes right next to my den.  OH!  What a noise I woke up too.  As I came out of my den, I ran right into her foot.  She was so upset she did not notice me.  I dove back into my den and peered out just to notice Lacy curled up not paying attention to what was going on around her, with a tilt of my head I crept out and noticed that through the crying I could pick out that her parents were missing. Doing my best to stay unnoticed, I slunk over to one of the rose trunks.  As I stepped down, I did not see the branch until it moved out from under me.  I leaped for the rose trunk as the branch spun away and pricked Lacy in the side with a thorn.  Lacy let out a yelp and balled up even tighter on the other side of the space.  I felt bad and could tell Lacy was one of those in need of a good friend.  What was I to do?  On one hand, we all knew that we were not to be seen, but on the other hand, there is always someone that needs help.  One thing the elders always warned about if you do help find a way to be unnoticed.  How could I help this young one out?  It was hard for she was small compared to her parents and yet huge compared to me.  Lacy suddenly gasped as she spotted me hanging there against the rose trunk.  I had forgotten that I was brightly colored and easily seen in our shadowy hiding spot.  Lacy was no longer crying, she just uncurled into a sitting position and was staring at me.  Oh how I wished to be darker right then but my love for flowers had lead me to be as bright as the flowers I spent the most time near.

© Copyright 2014 Silverwindrose Dragon Minstrel (silverwindrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014457-A-new-Garden-Dragon-story