*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015106-bonus-21
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2015106
another bonus thought too much wrote too little
Bonus: Extended Brainstorm ▼



Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.



         Matilda lays on the cold OBGYN table. Her legs were in the strips, and her belly bare covered with KY-jelly. Damion holds her hand as the couple watch the monitor. Forgetting that she was wearing an uncomfortable gown, she notices something different on the computer screen. Damion must have noticed that there was something wrong the same time as his wife because he squeezed her hand.

“What’s that?” He dared to ask what Matilda had dared not to say. He pointed to two small fuzzy figures moving.

“Well, Mr. and Mrs. ___________________.” The Dr. Jerries smiles. “Listen closely. Do you hear it?”

“Hear?” Matilda was so nervous that she didn’t hear the calmness in the doctor’s voice.

“Two heart beats.” The room became quiet as all ears were honed in to try to make out two distinct beats from what sounded like drum beats. “There that is one. There is the other.” He points to the peanut-like images that was on the screen. “You are having two little girls.”

Damion looks at Matilda and kisses her. “I hope that they look as beautiful as you.” Both parents have tears in their eyes.

© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015106-bonus-21