*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015121-A-Hobo-Walking
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2015121
A journey a hobo's mind.
As I walk down the highway with my satchel of two hamburgers and a dirty hat I snatched away from a little boy, I began to see weird objects in the woods. I contemplate to myself that it was just shadows that were beamed from the car headlights. So lonely and forgotten it felt like I was just a ghost roaming bustling corridors.
“Might as well make it the full stretch tonight,” I explained to myself. “But if you do you’ll be tired the next day,” I argued back.
I’m becoming insane from all the lonesome wandering that I do. The insanity made me have two halves, which argued back and forth every minute.
“What’s that behind the tree?” I yelled in my mind.
“It’s nothing, just keep on walking,” the other half contemplated.
The shadow follows me; it had a deformed figure and only appeared when I was not looking. The feeling of the creature staring was felt throughout my body and I became nervous to see if it was real or not.
“We need to run,” I thought to myself.
“If you really think it’s real go in the woods and see for yourself,” he demanded.
I ran through the woods and only trash on the ground, but the shadows made me hallucinate of deadly creatures.
“No, this can’t be happening at all,” I yelled in the woods.
“You need to close your eyes and come back to reality,” he explained.
As I close my eyes for a long duration, my mind becomes silent and the creatures disappeared.
© Copyright 2014 Brandonv (brandonvvv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015121-A-Hobo-Walking