*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015130-fun-summer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Simone
Rated: E · Other · Melodrama · #2015130
children playing
It was a bright and sunny summer morning. Susan and Ashley were playing in the yard with sprinklers, as the sprinklers spattered water across the yard the children giggled with joy and amusement. Susan was no older then 7 and Ashley was 9. Their mother was in the kitchen and watched as the water as it dripped down the windows as the spout rotated from side to side she paid the children little mind thereafter. Susan jumped and ran trying to avoid the waters trail Ashley soon joined in. They had been playing for a while the mother hadn’t noticed that they had wondered off onto a different adventure, they were marching around the yard as if they were adventurers in search of treasure.
“What’s that behind the tree?” Susan exclaimed with joy, As she walked towards it.
She was suddenly filled with shock as she saw a small trunk half buried in the ground.
“Help me dig it out,” Ashley ordered.
“what do you thinks in it?” Susan questioned
“I don’t know but were about to find out,” Ashley replied
Ashley pry’s the small trunk out of the ground and carries it over to the porch, she goes inside to call their mother and show her what they found. She walks outside with little concern, as she stands in front of the box a flash of concern and curiosity wash over her. The mother steps forward.
“I can do it,” she exclaimed.
As she pried the trunk open, it squeaks and cracks in reply. With one final push it pops open. They all lean over with egger eyes, only to see Lucky their dog who “ran away”.

© Copyright 2014 Simone (krystalkearney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015130-fun-summer