*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015131-Flash-Ficiton-Contest-Entry
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #2015131
Ray is in a bad car accident. When he calls for help, something strange happens.
    The car skidded across the road with a screech. A second car slammed into his rear, pushing him into a ditch. He bounced around inside of the vehicle with his hands over his head like a rag doll. When the chaos finally stopped, he opened his eyes. In front of him, the vehicle he had just collided with lay totaled against a tall tree. “Shit!” he gasped, and quickly hopped out of the car. Ray rushed to the driver’s side and peeked into what was left of the window. “Hey? Hey, are you alright?” he called frantically. There was no response. Anxiety pricked at his heart as he assumed the worse. He whipped his phone out of his back pocket and dialed 911. Within a matter of minutes, he had explained the situation to the operator and told an ambulance was on its way. He returned the phone to his pocket and again tried to get a response from the driver. He tapped on the cracked window. No reply. Ray leaned against the car, cursing under his breath. He looked towards the tree in front of him and something caught his eye. What’s that behind the tree? It looked like a black figure leaning against the thick bark. He thought of calling out to it, but instead he walked towards it, mesmerized by the odd sight. Had the driver gotten out without him noticing? When he reached the other side of the tree, he was shocked. There was nothing there. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Raymond shook his spinning head and decided to sit in his car and wait for the ambulance to arrive.
   
    When the rescue squad arrived, Ray watched anxiously as they pried open the busted door of the car. To their shock, there was nobody inside. 
© Copyright 2014 BigNasty (mcktucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015131-Flash-Ficiton-Contest-Entry