*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015132-What-was-actually-behind-the-tree
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2015132
Behind the tree.
Timmy loved to play outside with the other neighborhood kids. He was one of the loudest kids out there but nobody ever wanted to listen to any of Timmy’s suggestions anymore of what games they could play next. They always left him out on purpose it felt like. What’s wrong with me? Am I just invisible? Timmy often thought. We all used to get along so great. They used to like me. Timmy couldn’t stop thinking these thoughts. As he sat in the corner by himself thinking he heard an unsettling scream come from one of his friends. He jumped up so fast he tripped over an old stick he’d been playing with. He rose up quick, recovering from his little tumble then ran over to his small group of friends. They were all trying to catch a glimpse over at their friend Amanda who was supposed to be “it” but she wasn’t visible. She was behind the tree but everybody was too scared to see the reason why she had been screaming. Following her screams came her uncontrollable cries. What’s behind the tree? Timmy shouted back to her. Amanda didn’t answer. One by one they all ran over to see for themselves. Once they saw nobody said a word. They all just shared the same shocked faces. Now Timmy knew why. All the answers he wanted were there starring him back in the face. That day behind that old decayed tree Amanda had stumbled upon the body of a little boy named Timothy Short who had been missing for 6 months. He had been their neighborhood friend since he moved to their town two years ago. His older brother had strangled him. Nobody ever quite knew the reason why…
© Copyright 2014 Thug__creations__ (lauren16344667 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015132-What-was-actually-behind-the-tree