*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016044-Oct-26-free-writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2016044
Mary gets advice from Rev. Dallas
Sunday, Oct. 26 Off/Freebie Day ▼



Take a break or catch up.




Today was hard to write. I have been depressed, and thought I felt better until my son got caught with a cell phone. That within its self is a long story. Probably, deserving a novel alone.



         
Mary walked into the church. Reverend Dallas was sitting in the front pew. “Hello, Marry.” He asked. He was puzzled that she had shown up so early for choir practice.



         “Pastor, I need to talk to you.” She began trying to form the sentences that would make since of her family tree, her sister’s journey to become a member of coven, and ask for advice. “I do not know if you will believe me. I am not sure that I believe.”

         

         Dallas puts his arm around her shoulder. “Sit my girl. What makes your heart heavy?”



         She fills him in on the fact that Mercy had found the box. “I am a granddaughter of a witch. My grandmother still lives in a coven.” She hangs her head.



         He takes his hand to pull her gaze to her face. “I know.” He told her. “ I will be right back.” Dallas walked into the back room. He came back with a small album. He sat down by her once again. He began the pages. “Who are these beautiful little girls?” He asks. One the page were five pictures of her and Mercy. The little twins were dressed in black dresses. In one picture, there were two women standing behind the little girls. He points to the women. “This is your grandmother Sarah. You were so small when you left the coven. The other woman is Willow. She is the Mistress of the cult.”



         Mary was puzzled as he pulls the photos from the pages and hands them to her. “I think that you should have these. You grandmother had things that happened in her life that left her alone. She was pregnant with your mother, and Willow was there protecting Sarah. Then Matilda and I met at a farmer’s market. My heart went out to her and your family. It took three weeks, but Matilda and Damion walked into this church. They have been here ever since.”



         “Mercy is gone to find this place. What can I do? The Bible says ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.’ How can I save her?”



“Lamentations 4:22, The punishment of thine iniquity is accomplished, O daughter of Zion; he will no more carry thee away into captivity: he will visit thine iniquity, O daughter of Edom; he will discover thy sins.” Receipted the verse. He reaches out and takes Mary’s hand. “Mary, Mercy will discovered by God. If she chose the coven over God, he will judge her. I really believe that Mary. You must follow your spirit."



Mary thanks Rev. Dallas for his prayers. She left thinking about what he had said.

© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016044-Oct-26-free-writing