*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016327-oct-28
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2016327
required oct 28
Tuesday, Oct. 28

Required: Freestyle Brainstorm ▼



Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.



Ritual of dedication




         Willow swept the ground inside the ash circle beneath the birch trees. On the table the women place objects: a candle to light the twins way in their religious path, feathers to connect them to flight, and a large mound of dirt to form a cradle for them.

         Willow motion to the parents. Matilda and Damion gave the baby girls to their grandmothers. Sarah laid the necked Mary into the pile of earth. Anna did the same with Mercy. The candle was lit, and the ceremony began.

         Willow pours warm oil over the infants. They had never felt the earth against their skin, but they didn’t seem uncomfortable. Mary is silent, while Mercy reaches to play in the oil as it hits her flesh. “Mother of Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water, lend your powers to your daughters. Powers to grow as their bodies do. Work in them as you will, bringing them stronger, give them human appeal, that the powers of the universe will be seen in them.”

         Then before the end of the ritual each women inside the circle is passed a sharp decorative dagger. One after another they prick the middle fingers. Choosing the middle finger was because the extra length of finger holds her access magic. After the women had cut themselves, they walk up to the babies dropping a drop of blood on each baby. They chanted in in unison,




Bonus: Extended Brainstorm ▼



Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.



Family meet Rev Dallas




         Matilda and Damion took the girls into town once a week to buy produce. They loved the farmer’s market. There were always animals to pet, milk, or ride. The area was fenced in and the toddlers were able to get a little freedom from their parents’ hands.

         This day Mary wonders out of the sight of her mother.  Matilda saw Mercy, but she Mary was not holding her hand as usual. So Matilda and Damion began their hunt through-out the farmer’s market. Matilda walked to Mercy. “Where is Mary?” Mercy pointed into the direction of a man dressed in a big white hat. Damion’s stride hastened toward the couple. “Mary, what are you doing?” Damion scolds. Matilda chimes in, “You know that you don’t leave like that!”

         The man reaches out his hand. “I am Dallas.” Damion shakes the man’s hand. “Thank you for bringing our Mary to us.” He said. “I am Damion. This is my wife Matilda. These are my children Mercy, and of course you have met Mary.”

         “Nice to meet such a lovely family.” Dallas continues, “I am the pastor of the church around the corner.”


© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016327-oct-28