*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016490-oct-31-Yea-required
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2016490
required last assignment
Friday, Oct. 31

Required: Idea/Premise Revision ▼




Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:

        (1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?

Sarah, Matilda, and Mary are my protagonist. My main characters are Sarah, Willow, Matilda, Mary, and Mercy.

        (2) Goal(s). What do they want?

Sarah just wants a family for her child.

Matilda wants to have a healthy family who lives Christianity turning from witchcraft and her mother Sarah.

Mary wants Mercy to turn from the cult or the craft.

        (3) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?

Sarah found a home in the coven, but her daughter takes her granddaughters and leaves the coven to follow the teachings of Christianity.

Matilda is unable to live her dream because the girls learn that they have powers of witches, and Mercy decides to forsake Christian and revert back to the coven’s religion.

Mary fails to turn Mercy back to the church so she burns the coven.

        (4) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?

The minor Antagonists are many in this book. Evert becomes a drunk and beats Sarah. Lee and Jake mistreat her. J.J’s parents separate the couple. Mark rapes Sarah. Mary kills her.



But the main one is Mercy. She decides to follow the coven, but she kills Willow. Mercy takes Willow’s rule over the community, and tries to cast spells over her sister. She tells the others that Mary is not to contact Sarah for any reason. However Mary though she is one of the protagonist, she does kill.

        (5) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? (If applicable.)

Family is the theme. Though this one is different, you can see the love, struggles, and bitterness than most have.

© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016490-oct-31-Yea-required