*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016552-The-story-chapter-18
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Comedy · #2016552
The knight thinks that he is a fish.
“Doctor?” Asked the nurse “How will the patient be?”

“Hmm?” Said the doctor distractedly looking at a clipboard “Oh. He should be fine, but there is no way to be sure. It is really tricky since we can't risk disconnecting him from the system, or else he might manage to escape. His vital signs are fine, but after that stroke we have no idea what has happened to his mind, or how long his body will last. Now excuse me, I need to go take care of Mr. George. His checkup is today.”






The knight woke up in the computer, but not the real world. He opened his eyes and found they were still working. “That's enough for today.” Thought the knight as he fell asleep again.

As the knight woke up again, he stood up, and looked around. He noticed everything looked strange. “Hmm this is kinda strange.” Said the knight as he looked around. There were fish flying around, some sand under his feet, and the world seemed more bluish then usually. Also, it felt like the air was trying to resist him moving, but it was weak. Then he started to get the picture. “Uh this is like an underwater place, I think. Like a whatchimacallit. Uh yeah! Ocean!" Said the knight. “ If I'm in a ocean then how am i breathing? Well the fish breath, so maybe I'm a fish too. All this thinking makes me tired.” And then he went back to sleep.

As he woke up the third time, he was content to know he was a fish. He swam around like a fish, ate like a fish, and lived like a fish. But the other fish always swam away when he came near, and that confused him. About a month afterward, his memory started coming back. What made him remember was when he was fished out by a fisherman, and you could imagine his confusion at fishing a full grown man in armor, who looked perfectly fine,out of an ocean. The man gave the knight some food, and asked him what happened. The knight did not say anything, because he was thoroughly convinced that he was a big fish who happened to have the ability to breathe without water. He was so thoroughly convinced he jumped out of the ship, and swam away. The incident slowly helped bring memories back. After one week he started doubting that he was a fish. “I must be very strange fish.” Thought th knight. “That must be why the other fish swim away from me.”

After two weeks he started to remember his past life, very slowly. After another month he remembered enough to know he was not a fish. After 2 months he remembered everything. As soon as he realized he was human, he thought what he should do. “ I could swim to shore.” Thought the knight. “Yeah sure. It might only be a couple miles if I'm lucky.”


He did not have to do anything, because just then the system started to fail.

END OF CHAPTER 18
© Copyright 2014 Tacoman Junior - We Got This! (silasqwerty1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016552-The-story-chapter-18