*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016963-The-Adventures-of-Globby-and-Friends
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2016963
Beginning draft of a children's story I've begun. REVIEWS and Critiques much needed...
THE ADVENTURES OF GLOBBY AND FRIENDS.


GLOBBY THE GOBLIN (GLOB)
FLITTY THE FAIRY (FLIT)
GERTIE THE GNOME (GERT)
TESSA THE TROLL (TESS)
ZIPPY THE DRAGONFLY (ZIPPY)
EDDIE THE ELF (EDD)
HAZEL THE HAG
UNI THE UNICORN (F, G, G’S FRIEND)
DONNO THE DARK FAIRY
EDGAR THE EVIL TROLL
HARRY THE HOBGOBLIN (HARRY)
LUCKY THE LEPRECHAUN (LUCKY)
BETTY THE BUTTERFLY (BETTY)
CHARLIE THE CLOUD (CHARLIE)


Globby Goblin knelt next to a flower bed in his overalls, searching the clover patch and singing. “I’m looking over a four-leaf clover that I overlooked before…”

Hearing the sing-song melody, Flitty the Fairy, flew down from her perch above in the big oak tree. “Whatcha doing Globby, did you lose something again?” She asked fluttering her wings and smiling at her friend who was always losing something.

Grinning up at his friend he said, “No Flit, I’m looking over a four-leaf clover that I may have overlooked before. Hazel the Hag said that there were some nearby that would bring me all sorts of good luck and new toys, so I want to find one!” He returned to his task without singing.

“There is no such thing Globby, Hazel just said that to keep you from bothering her, you know how she feels about us ‘young people’. She always gets crabby when we’re around; like it’s our fault she grew old and we didn’t. Hazel was only toying with you Globby.”

A sudden puff of gold dust appeared just inside the flower garden startling them both, as Lucky the Leprechaun stood next to the roses, his eyes twinkling.

“Aye but me friends, they do exist, though not here where you are looking. This is just an ol’ patch of regular clover.” Lucky said.

“Laddie, if you want to find the lucky four-leaf clover, you must come with me to the secret field beyond Dragon Mountain. There is a sacred patch of clover there that is guarded by Edgar the Evil Troll and Donno the Dark Fairy. Although, we will need some help to get us there. Are ye up to the challenge?” Lucky asked.

Standing up, Globby brushed the dirt off his knees and asked Flit, “Do you want to go Flit? Maybe it could be fun!”

“It does sound like fun,” Flit agreed, “but who would we ask for help?” She wondered.

“Well, on our way, we’ll find Uni the Unicorn and Zippy the Dragonfly. Uni would be able to take us through the forest, and Zippy could keep an eye on the pathway ahead of us since he can zip around to places we cannot reach.”

“Well, I haven’t seen Zip or Uni in a long time, maybe it will be fun. But we do have to ask our parents first.” Flitty said.

“Of course you must ask yer parents first.” Lucky said twirling his magic cane. Flit and Globby watched gold sparks shoot from both ends of the rotating cane. Flit giggled. The magic cane had a silly name she couldn’t quite remember, or say, but she knew it started with an S.

Lucky smiled at the pair of them. “Well, go on, be off with ye and see if ye may go with Lucky to Dragon Mountain. We’d not want yer parents upset.”


“That’s right, so we don’t get into any trouble like we did last time. I’ll be right back.” Globby said as he ran up the hill home.

“Me too Lucky, I’ll be right back.” Flitty flew back up to her tree house.

“Okay me lad and lassie, I will wait here for ye.” Lucky sat down next to his shillelagh and waited for their return.

When they returned a few minutes later, Globby and Flit saw Lucky talking to a pretty, red and pink butterfly.

“Aye, here they are now Betty.” Lucky said to the butterfly.

“We can go.” Globby and Flit said together. “Who is your friend?” Flit asked, pointing to the butterfly.

“Ah, wee ones, this be Betty the Butterfly, she’s a friend of mine from home that came to let me know how the weather for our journey will be. Seems all is clear, just some fluffy clouds in the sky, so we should have an easy trip. Are ye ready?”

Globby and Flit looked at each other, nodding silently, then said, “We’re ready Lucky, lead the way!”

“Very well then. Globby you get on this side of me,” Lucky said pointing to his right, “and Flit you on this side.” He said. “Now, each of you put a hand on my arm and off we will go.” A moment later, Lucky tapped his magic cane on the ground three times, Betty flew to Lucky’s shoulder, and they all lifted off the ground upward with Lucky's magic.

As the three were floating through the blue sky, Lucky called out for a ride. “Charlie! Charlie lad, were are ye?”

Charlie the Cloud appeared and floated over to Lucky, Flit, and Globby, smiling.  Shifting his shape to accommodate them all, he answered.  “I'm right here. I was over there behind a tree. What can I do for you?”

“We need a ride to to Dragon Mountain.  The wee ones here are looking for a lucky clover.”  Lucky responded as they all boarded the cloud.

“Sure, no problem, I'll get ya there.” Charlie smiled again as his passengers climbed up.

“Wow, you feel like cotton candy!”  Globby stated, running his hands over the clouds fluffiness.  His hands sank into Charlie, disappeared then reappeared when he pulled them back out.  “Cool!”

Charlie chuckled at the goblin's antics.  “Never ridden on a cloud have ya?”

“Nope, this is my first time.”  Globby laughed, his blue eyes twinkling, as he looked at Flit, shaking her head and fluttering her pretty pink wings.

“Everyone ready?” Lucky asked, sitting down. 

“Yes sir,”  Globby and Flit both said following Lucky's lead.

“Then we're off, let's go Charlie.” 

“Aye,  aye cap'n,”  Charlie answered turning in the direction of the mountain. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

Donno the Dark Fairy and Edgar the Evil Troll were waiting just on the other side of Dragon Mountain.

"Do you think they'll show up Edgar?" Donno asked.

"With that pesky Leprechaun blabbing about the good fortune to be found here, I bet they will. We need a plan to scare them away, but without hurting anyone." Edgar answered, flexing his troll-like fingers into a fist.
© Copyright 2014 MidnightAngel (midnightangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016963-The-Adventures-of-Globby-and-Friends