*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017213-I-Am-Jill
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Contest Entry · #2017213
Jillian Peters introduces herself to the reader.
My name is Jillian Peters, but I prefer to be called Jill. I am 4’8” tall, skinny, and have an unusually large bust. My eyes are hazel, and my hair is red with two shades of blonde highlights. I was born in Pennsylvania, and have lived there most of my life. My parents are divorced, and now that I am over the age of eighteen I don’t see much of my father. It makes me sad, and I try to contact him at least once a year, but he seems to be happy with the way things are. I am very independent and stubborn like my mother, and I think that bothers him.

In high school I participated in the choir and musical theatre. I had a great group of friends, but no boyfriends. My mother discouraged me from boys saying “they are a distraction you don’t need right now.” I graduated with a 3.0 GPA.

I attended community college, and obtained an associate’s degree in psychology. I went on to Penn State University to complete my bachelor’s degree in general psychology. While there I fell in love with a young English major named Luke Matthews. We spent all of our free time together; chatting, studying, and of course engaging in as much physical intimacy as I was comfortable with. Luke was not pushy or impatient. He assured me I was worth waiting for. We discussed our future together; he was going to be an English professor, and I was going to be a family counselor. Those dreams were not meant to be; at least not with us remaining together. Luke was accepted into an English master’s program at a university in London. I was happy for him, but at the same time I was sad because he would be leaving me. I put on a brave face, and told him how happy I was for him. I was accepted into a Psychology master’s at the University of South Florida. We said our goodbyes on the eve of graduation, and Luke was on a plane headed for London early the next morning. We kept in touch as we had promised. By the end of the summer I was packed and ready to move to Tampa Bay Florida to begin my post graduate studies.


Word Count: 386
© Copyright 2014 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017213-I-Am-Jill