*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017238-Time-Jump
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #2017238
Time is not your friend!
I opened my eyes, I felt light headed and dizzy. I was in a room, maybe a log cabin, at least the interior walls seemed to be made out of wood. There was an old grandfather clock right in front of me, it seemed to have stopped.
I tried to orient myself to my surroundings, there was no noise in the house whatsoever. That in itself was very disconcerting. I gasped as I looked down and saw blood covering my clothes, I took a mental note of myself trying to see if I was in pain anywhere. After I was satisfied that the blood wasn't mine I walked to the window, I needed to figure out the time, but my cell phone was strangely missing.
I opened the curtains and everything went numb, let's start with the fact that dawn was breaking over the horizon, and my last memory was driving down the road at four in the afternoon. The worst was my best friend, and his girlfriend, were outside, they were each nailed to a cross in the yard, naked, blood dripping down there bodies. Their heads had been beaten in, I felt bile rise in my throat and had to hurry to close the curtain. I dropped down into a fetal position, feeling tears burning my eyes.
How long I stayed like that I don't know, then it happened the Grandfather clock began to chime. I stood up and walked over the clock now read four fifteen I had lost twelve hours. I could hear a scratching behind the door, and reached over and opened it. My girlfriend Shelly was there, the nails on her fingers had broken off and her hands were covered with blood. There was blood all around her mouth, I kneeled down in front of her.
"Shelly? Are you okay?"
A gutteral scream issued from her lips, a knife sliced through the air slicing into my stomach, sending an icy hot burning through my body. Everything went silent, I hadn't even realized the clock had been ticking until it wasn't anymore. I looked toward it, and the clock hands jumped again--backwards this time.
"So you guys are thinking about buying this place?" Josh waved his hand in front of my face, "Earth to Ryan."
Shelly answered for me, "Yeah it's been on the market for a few years so the sellers are definitely motivated."
I was staring at the Grandfather clock, it read eight fifteen now. I walked over to the curtain and ripped the curtains back, it was dark out, but four crosses could still be seen in the yard.
Josh walked up behind me, "I know those things creep me out too, but if you buy the place you can just take them down."
I shook my head trying to clear it, "Yeah I guess." Somehow I knew I wasn't going to take them down.
Shelly asked, "Did we bring anything to eat."
"I'll go check in the car."
Shelly grabbed her friend Janice's hand, "I have to show you the hot tub in the bedroom."
They left and Josh and I went out to the car, Josh offered to check the trunk.
"Why do you have these?" I turned to see Josh standing behind me, smiling, holding a hammer and a box of thick twelve inch long nails.
"Huh! Can I see that?" Josh handed me the hammer, the weight felt good in my hand. I pulled my hand back and slammed the hammer down on Josh's head. He fell to the ground with a thud.
Everything changed again, I was on a ladder all of a sudden nailing Josh to the first cross. His hands were all ready nailed as well as his feet, but he was starting to wake up, I didn't have long.
I forced his mouth open, and put a nail inside one swing sent it all the way through, the back of his throat, shattering his teeth at the same time. A scream came from his throat!
I grabbed his neck, "Shut up!"
He kept screaming, "I said shut up!" I slammed the hammer into his face, until the screaming stopped. I wiped the blood and bone chunks off on my pant legs and walked inside.
The Grandfather clock now read midnight. I could hear crying from the master bedroom, I walked back to find Shelly. She was knelt over the hot tub, cradling Janice in her arm. Janice's throat had been ripped out.
Shelly looked up at me tears streaming down her face making streaks in the blood around her mouth, "I was so hungry."
I lifted Janice from her arms, "I'll take care of this."
The cabin went silent, suddenly I was back on the ladder, Janice had been nailed to the second cross, like Josh her clothes had been removed a nail had been placed in each of her hands, her feet, and in her mouth. She was still struggling, I took the claw end of the hammer, and ripped her stomach open, her guts and blood poured out all over my clothes. She stopped squirming, and I walked inside.
As I opened the door it was as if I transported across the room, I was kneeling across from Shelly, with a knife buried in my stomach. There was a crazed look on her face, I slowly pulled the knife from my stomach and used it to slit her throat.
I removed her clothes and nailed her up beside the others, kissing her lips good-bye as I finished. Then I stripped down, and leaned against the last cross, nailing a note into my own chest that simply said, "I'm sorry! I had no choice!"
© Copyright 2014 Jonathon Winters (clark0016 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017238-Time-Jump