*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017824-Sagittarius
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2017824
Information about the Sagittarius sign of the Zodiac

Word Count: 1,535



Sagittarius



The sign Sagittarius starts on November 22 and ends on December 21. Sagittarius is symbolized by the archer which is half-man and half-horse. This symbolizes the Sagittarian's attempt to free itself from man's animal nature. The centaur is thought to symbolize the development of the human soul. It symbolizes the animal natures and desires of man, as well as spiritual aspirations. In Greek mythology, centaurs were adventurous, brave, and wise; they were also given to brawling and uncivilized behavior. The Greek love for the horse, led to the ennoblement of the centaur in myth and legend. The Centaur Chiron was known for his wisdom and healing abilities. Nessus was killed by Hercules for trying to rape a woman under his charge, and other centaurs were renowned for their weakness of drink. The glyph depicts the archer's arrow slung in a bow which symbolizes the desire for direction, a higher purpose, and abundance.

Sagittarius is the ninth sign of the Zodiac and is the home of the wanderers of the Zodiac. These individuals are truth seekers, and the best way to do this is to hit the road, talk to others and get some answers. Knowledge is key, since it fuels their broad-minded approach to life. The Sagittarian-born are interested in religion and philosophy, and they find that these disciplines aid in their internal quest. At the end of the day, these truth seekers want most, is to know the meaning of life.

Centaurs were the intellectuals of ancient Roman Mythology, and Sagittarians are quick to consider themselves to be to be their modern day counterparts. Those born under this Sign are clear thinkers and choose to look at the big picture most of the time. They also like it when others agree with their well-thought-out point of view. The alternative to this, for better or for worse, a Sag can be argumentative and blunt. That's not to say these individuals are intransigent, Archers will listen to what others say. Sagittarians are enthusiastic consumers of information, the better to get the answers they need. It's also a good idea to give Sags lots of room to explore their world otherwise once they start to feel hemmed in, they'll become impatient and difficult.

Sagittarius is ruled by the planet Jupiter. In Ancient Roman times, Jupiter was the King of the Gods, and most Sagittarians would say the royal pedigree has been passed down to them. The Sag-born are generous and much like a noble leader. These individuals are also expansive in their thoughts, as well as their approach. Sags are forever reaching for knowledge, understanding, and answers. They are outspoken in their beliefs, to the point of exaggeration. This may be due to their unflinching optimism. Sags are also a luck bunch, thanks to Jupiter's golden glow. They are quick to take a gamble on things, feeling both lucky and smart. While the process of exploration is what fuels Sagittarians, they need to be aware of their tendency to procrastinate. Those born under this Sign can be self-indulgent since things come quite easily to them. A smart Archer, will catch themselves in time, the better to continue their work.

The element associated with Sagittarius is fire. Just as fire can move quickly and uncontrollably, so can Sagittarians as they flit from one thing to the next, never looking back. These individuals love their physicality and are often athletic, and full of stamina. Life is played full-on, which is why it is chock-full of experiences. Archers are outgoing, enthusiastic and tend to overstep their bounds as a result, falling prey to the likes of foot-in-mouth disease. They can talk so fast and so much that they do not process the full weight of what they're saying, leading to the occasional hurt feeling. Often, however, their words serve to inspire others and to get things going. Yes, Sagittarians are straight-ahead individuals who are curious, spiritual, and true believers. The fact that they attract others with ease should be no surprise, since they have a great sense of fun and enjoy a good time. They do not lack for confidence and with high-spirits Sags love to socialize.

The athleticism of Sags lends itself to challenging sports, and they definitely know they are up to the task. You are likely to find these individuals in an around-the-world solo boat race or climbing up the highest peaks where they should be mindful of their legs and hips. Mental games such as chess or debate also fuel a Sag's mood. Their favourite colours to wear are rich maroon and navy hues. When it comes to love games, the Archer is playful, flirtatious and always on top.

These individuals are readily to adapt to change and home is where they hang their hat. This is both a strength, because it is a survival mechanism and a weakness because it makes you vulnerable to the demands and influence of others. Sagittarians do not hesitate to give an honest opinion, which can seem tactless at times; although it is rarely the intention to be cruel. There is an aura of wit and appreciation of humor in the grimmest of situations.

Needless to say, these individuals prefer to be the boss in any situation and must constantly watch their tongue in the even they find themselves in the position of an underling. Before assessing the practicality or worth of what you are doing, before you sort out your true emotions, and before you take the time to reason things out intellectually, there is a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later. Communication-oriented Sagittarians are forever bubbling with energy and enthusiasm. Independent and hard to pin down is usually a sign of a bachelor, on the other hand even a married Sagittarians seek to maintain some sort of personal independence.

Jupiter, the beneficial planet of good fortune and good luck, endows a generous nature with a friendly, optimistic disposition. A diplomatic politician, you like knowing everyone and going everywhere, life is something to be enjoyed every day. Addicted to all the good things, these individuals know how to receive the maximum enjoyment from them. Too much of a good thing can be problematic and prudence is difficult for most Sagittarians to acquire. Being overly spiritual of philosophical, for example, gets you too far out of touch with the world. Despite heroic efforts to be prudent in one area, these individuals can still manage to zoom into bankruptcy by overindulging elsewhere. On the other side of the ledger, attempts to be prudent can get so far out of line it can turn the individual into a miser.

Enthusiastic Sagittarians have a passion for sports. Physically challenging endeavors of all kinds, including archery, jogging, hang gliding, sailing, and fishing are favourite activities. One big challenge to overcome may be the battle of the bulge, when their fondness of food, finally catches up with you. A natural gambler and risk-taker, you usually come out on the winning side, especially when you try your luck at horse or dog racing. You love music, art, dance, and drama and no doubt have considerable talent in these areas.

Sagittarius rules the thighs, hips, and to some extent the feet. Physical problems are usually due to the unrestricted diet and over indulgences. Their colours are maroon, tan, navy, orange, and cobalt blue. The ancients associated the ruby with Sagittarius, while modern astrologers give this sign turquoise. Flowers for this sign are large blooms such as, mums, hydrangeas, dahlias, and peonies.

There are a number of gem stones which are important to the Sagittarian; they are Imperial Topaz, Amber, Chrysocolla, Jasper, Malachite, Moonstone, Tourmaline, and Turquoise. The early Sagittarian is born on November 22-December 5. The soul stone for this early born is any of the Tourmalines. Born under this fire sign, the individual is action-oriented and very lively. Tourmaline gives off an electrical charge when it is warmed and is the ideal stone to match and propel your innate energy. The power stone is Amber. When worn for short periods of time, the Ancients believed that this fossilized resin trapped the sun. The heart stone is the Chrysocolla, which is a copper-rich crystal containing very intense life vibrancy and is helpful to direct energy in a purposeful manner rather than burn it up as Sagittarians are prone to do. The late Sagittarian is born on December 6-December 21. The soul stone is the same as the early born, Tourmalines. The power stone is Turquoise which has a long history as a valued stone by many cultures. It is associated with horses and riders. Turquoise gives insight and aids travel. It will also help the individual to find purpose and capture passion and vision to see things through. The heart stone is called Bornite or it is also known as Peacock Ore. It is a powerful energy crystal that assists the Sagittarian in in overcoming indecisiveness, a common trait of this sign.

The Sagittarian sign is interesting and fun. I am born on November 23 and have experienced many of the information I have shared here. It is very interesting doing the research and seeing the information being reflected in my personal life.



© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017824-Sagittarius