*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018040-The-Day-That-the-World-Shook
Rated: E · Sample · Action/Adventure · #2018040
Intro to a possible novel idea...
The Day the World Shook
         
Trees. Water running through a spring gushing out from under a rock. Flowers of all colours; pink primroses, purple violets, white cowslips and red roses. A cerulean sky expanding for ever filled with tiny, insignificant white balls of fluff. The warming yellow rays of light break through the morning haze. The world wakes up, birds chirp, fly, sing. Cockerels wake the agricultural world and the chugs of trains echo. Laughter rings out over the hillside as shepherd boys and girls chase one another and the farm children scramble up the grassy hill banks to join in the fun.

Time will stand still in one aspect. The photograph there are those in this world who devote all their time on this earth taking photos, capturing moments, dragging cameras, tripods and solitude around with them. Lifestyle and family are left to follow suit sullenly, like a child being propelled around a shop by their mother.

This was the job of one, Sally Jones. Sally Jones was a slight girl who had terminated her education as soon as was deemed prudent. Sally hated school, the restraints, constrictions, harsh teachers and brainless pupils. People who didn't appreciate the thing that Sally loved. Stillness. Nature. Beauty. How with one click of a button you could capture that moment for ever. Stop it from fading away.

Everyone in Sally's life faded in and out. Friends, family, relationships. Everyone deserted Sally. Everyone left, taking the hope which Sally had instilled that they would stay with her shatter into a million tiny pieces, like a mirror that you throw a hairbrush at in rage and anger.

No- one could have predicted the disaster. No news reporter could have foreseen it. No amount of modern technology could have discerned it. Even with all the modern conveniences of this century, weather discerning satellites, robots, space launched rockets no-one could have imagined the fatal day for the mountainous region of Santa Monica, Hispanic Africa.

No records are left of the disaster, just the camera of one woman and her memory, which to this day, lives on. The memories of this day are poignant, clear as though they had happened yesterday. From this disaster only one woman escaped with her life and the ability to recount that fatal day. That woman was Sally Jones and this is her story of the day the world shook.


© Copyright 2014 minniemouse (mariacatherine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018040-The-Day-That-the-World-Shook