*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018228-When-The-Tables-Turn-At-Last---Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #2018228
Andrew is taught a lesson when he begins to shrink in front of his little brother!
*-Friday, September the 13th, 11:30 p.m.-*
A loud noise coming from the kitchen loured Andrew to investigate who was causing the uproar this late. He slowly crept down the stairs, and saw his brother, yet again, trying to score a can of whipped cream. He walked up behind him with caution, and then, quickly pushed him forwards.

"Hey!" Andrew yelled, scaring Jeremy. The shocked expression on his face was priceless.

Andrew knew something was wrong, because after about a minute, his expression hadn't changed.

"Uh...bud?" he shook him a bit with the palm of his hand,"You okay?"

"I was just about to ask the same thing to you." He said, shakily as if he were scared for his life,"Stand beside me."

Andrew rolled his eyes,"Fine, but I don't get-" His eyes widened and he couldn't believe his own eyes. He was almost as tall as his little brother.

"I-I don't remember being this tall when I came downstairs...." He said, looking into his brother's hazel-brown eyes with fear,"Am-am I...shrinking?!?"

Neither of them dared to answer the question, as Andrew had kept on descending in height, now only about a foot tall. His head began to feel fuzzy and dizzy, and he fell over, his surroundings blurry.

Jeremy was too baffled to speak. He got down on his knees and looked down at his older brother with worry.

Andrew, on the other hand, barely had the strength to get up on his feet. He managed to stand up, his vision now fully cleared, and he couldn't believe what he saw; his little brother, 4 feet taller than him. stumbling back at his huge surroundings, he met with Jeremy's hand, who caught him just before he fell. His brother was big, and then he noticed he wasn't even standing!

"Th-thanks, bud." He yelled, making sure Jeremy could hear him. Scooping him up in his hand, he got up slowly with care, and set Andrew on the table. After he took a seat, he stared at his *big* brother, an inch tall.

Andrew began to pace back and forth, panicking about his new size,"I can't play football! I can't get a girlfriend anymore! I can't even show my face at school like this!" He sighed, looking up at his little brother for the very first time,"This is so messed up!"

Jeremy nodded, poking his brother playfully, and he fell over,"Yeah."

"Hey, don't push me around like that!" He wailed angrily.

Suddenly, reality hit Jeremy like a brick wall. His brother was an inch tall, and he couldn't tell him what to do now!

Jeremy stood up and picked Andrew up by the back of his pajama shirt,"Oh yeah? You think you're all that?" He said, finally stand up to him,"Let's see you order me around now, shorty!"

Andrew dangled around, completely powerless against his *little* brother,"C'mon! Put me down, meat-head!"

"Okay, if that's what you want-" Jeremy said, walking over to the living room and flopping down on the couch. He dropped his older brother down on the carpet floor just in front of the mountain-like couch,"I'm gonna watch some T.V., let's see you try to stop me!"

Jeremy laid down on the couch and put his feet up, turning on the T.V. with the remote.

Andrew shouted, waving his arms, furious,"Listen, when mom and dad hear about this, you're gonna be so dead, you hear? You're gonna be grounded for your entire life!"

Turning up the volume on the T.V., Jeremy ignored his brother like he didn't even exist. He began flipping the channels just to annoy him a bit more.

His heart sank as he waited a few minutes, and the level of loneliness he felt then and there was unimaginable. He felt like his brother had forgotten entirely about his existence. Sorrow filled his heart and he screamed with all his might,"PLEASE! JUST SAY SOMETHING TO ME!"

Jeremy sat still, obviously hearing his brother, but pretended he wasn't there. He had to reason with him, but he couldn't do it there. He had to get to Jeremy somehow, and make him realize they were still brothers, and brothers stuck together no matter how big the situation.

He looked over beside the couch at the lamp, and followed the cord all the way to the plugin. He could climb it, and turn the lamp on and off; that would get his attention!

Andrew ran over to the cord, and heaved himself up as he began to climb the wire. He looked over at his brother, who was unaware he was there still. His chest felt empty and cold, but he kept climbing anyway. For once in his life, he actually truly felt what it was like to be ignored and forgotten, as if his very existence wasn't known. Almost at the top, he peeked over and saw he wasn't even watching T.V., he was looking down at the remote, moving it around with his fingers as if he was thinking about something else.

Once Andrew reached the top, he pressed down on the switch, turning the light off. Jeremy looked back at him with shock and got up. Andrew turned the light on again, and ran to the edge of the table. His younger, yet way bigger brother looked down at him and didn't say a word. Instead, he picked his 1 inch tall brother up by his shirt and walked back over to the couch.

"Well, look who came back." Jeremy said, turning off the T.V. and smiling down at his older brother,"Not so easy being the smaller one, huh?"

Andrew sat, looking up at his brother with a grateful smile,"Not when you're an inch tall."

Looking up at Jeremy with pleading eyes, Andrew began with a stutter,"Y-you gotta at least forgive me for acting so cocky!" He got up,"I didn't realize what I was saying... and right now I need you. I'm sorry, bud."

Jeremy's gaze drifted to the lamp,"Yeah. I'm sorry for putting you through that. I know what it feels like... to be left out..."

Andrew grinned, elbowing his arm,"Don't get all emotional on me. You know much I hate to see you in pain."

"Oh yeah?" Said his huge brother, lifting up his knee, causing his brother to fall onto his flat stomach,"That would be why you sat on me every day and shoved your nasty armpit into my face, right?"

Jeremy and Andrew sat for a moment, not saying another word. Then, Andrew leaned against him,"Well, I know one thing..." he quickly poked his arm, slid down his leg, and shouted,"You're it!"

Standing up, Jeremy put on his game face and grinned eagerly,"Oh, you are so on, little guy!"

((Continued in Part 3))

© Copyright 2014 TwilightTheSparklingPrincess (mlpfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018228-When-The-Tables-Turn-At-Last---Part-2