*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018515-The-Monster
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2018515
Janet isn't herself.
I woke up to the sound of screaming. I shot out of bed and raced down the hall to my sister’s room to find the source. She was there, standing up and facing the corner, her mouth wide open. The shrieking sound pierced my ears and caused me to fall to my knees, clutching both sides of my head. “Janet! Janet please,” I begged, “STOP!”

The screaming halted abruptly and she turned to me. But the girl facing me was not my sister. She was something else entirely. The whites of her eyes were yellowed and her once baby blues were now black. Her silky blonde hair was matted on her head and her skin was gray and scaly. I stood and turned to run, but I was too slow. In a flash, she was on me, clawing and tearing at my face. I struggled against her, but she was always stronger than me.

Soon she had me pinned. In a rough, raspy voice that wasn't hers she said, “I can’t wait to taste your soul.” Then she took one long fingernail and sliced the skin of my collarbone. From the corner of my eye I saw my dad’s hunting knife sitting on the table in the hallway. If I could just get to it, I can survive. Just as she was lowering her head to drink my blood, I rolled out from underneath her, desperately crawling to the knife just a couple feet away. I grasped it in my hand. I turned and jabbed it into Janet’s neck. With a wicked, dying laugh she said, “You can’t make it without me.”
© Copyright 2014 CoffeeCoffeeCoffee (t_sizzle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018515-The-Monster