*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018516-A
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Young Adult · #2018516
The horrors of working on a group project.
A+

         With the grace of a skilled mechanic, I snip and paste choppy shards of paper to the poster board. My peers look onto me with awe at the speed at which I work. Two graphs and three sentences already on the board, finally, weâre making progress. Itâs a group project, and itâs needless to say my group was lacking, as Iâm doing all the work. When we sat in a clump of desks and I watched them sluggishly snip bits of paper and sloppily stick it onto the board, I knew I had to step in for the sake of my grade. Now, theyâre practically watching me work. I glance up to see a stupid look on their faces. I scoff; how pitiful! They couldnât have made it without me. Forty minutes in and the project is nearly finished. I step back and marvel at my masterpiece, pleased with how it looks. The cardboard stands sturdy with the information organized on it in a clean, artsy manner. I pat myself on the back. I can already imagine the smile on the teacherâs face, and the praise Iâm sure to be rewarded.

© Copyright 2014 BigNasty (mcktucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2018516-A