*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2019214-Pathfinder-Giantess-Campaign
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2019214
A pathfinder campaign involving a cult of giantess worshipers.
Here's a pathfinder campaign involving a cult of giantess worshipers. let me know what you guys think :)

A Clash of Titans

The Sewer Temple
LVs 1-3

The party has been summoned to the Temple of Elesium in the City of Stauffer by High Priestess Britta Schoenherr to investigate the kidnapping of the Holy Virgin Simone Segert. Temple Guardian Selina Ammermann tells that a Fire Giant Sorceress smashed her way into the Temple in the middle of the night, slaying many Temple Guards, and cast a spell upon the Holy Virgin trapping her within a tiny amulet which the Giantess placed around her neck before rushing out into the night and disappearing. No one reported a Fire Giant roaming the streets and the trail has gone cold.

A Spellcraft test reveals that the spell cast was Binding: Minimus Containment. A second Spellcraft test revelas that the Giant Form spell would enable someone to transform into a Fire Giant magically. The Transmuter's Guild would be the logical place to ask about this as both of those spells fall under their area of expertise.

At the Tower of Transmutation the party finds that the Transmuter's Guild Misterss Alwina Schober is very cooperative and tells them that only a very powerful transmuter would be able to cast those spells. Alwina insists she is the only member of her guild with access to those spells or the expertise to cast them but she does allow the party to search the Tower for clues.

A Sense Motive test when questioning some of the Novice Transmuters will indicate that they are very nervous and definitely holding something back from the party. A Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate test could convince one of the novices to reveal some additional details.

If pressed the novices will reveal a secret passage in the Tower's basement which leads down to the sewers. They say Guild Mistress Alwina has been using the passage frequently over the past few months and evaded any questions about these nocturnal proclivities. Alvina even used the passage the night Holy Virgin Simone was kidnapped.

A successful Perception test could also reveal the secret passage. The secret passage is too small for a medium-sized character to fit through but a hobbit could squeeze through easily enough. The novices will offer potions of Reduce Person to aid in the investigation or a successful Perception test could reveal that the basement houses a crate of them as well.

If the party goes into the sewers the novices will follow shortly thereafter and attempt to sneak up on the party and murder them.

2 Cautious Mages CR 1
Cultist CR 1

If the correct password is provided the cultist may be engaged alone without her backup. But it will take a successful Bluff test to convince her you are here to worship Thanatos.

The Hidden Temple of Thanatos is home to not only the cultists but an ogress as well. If the party fights their way past the cultists they will have to deal with her next.

If the party successfully talks their way in they will find the ogress is being worshipped as an avatar of Thanatos and is being fed a canibalistic diet of human flesh. Their worship will involve massaging and feeding the massive ogress.

The ogress' name is Nezroch and if engaged in conversation with a successful Bluff or Diplomacy test she will reveal that she was working as a bodyguard in the city when approached by Selina and offered a job as their temple's avatar. A job offer she doesn't quite understand but has been happy to take up. Recently the cult captured an Aasimar priestess and Nezroch was very dissappointed that she was to be taken to the larger temple of Thanatos in the nearby Heydrich Mountains rather than be devoured by Nezroch.

The head cultist's name is Selina Ammermann and if engaged in conversation with a successful Bluff or Diplomacy test she will reveal that Guild Misterss Alwina is the High Priestess of this temple and was indeed the one to kidnap Holy Virgin Simone. Simone has been taken to the larger temple of Thanatos in the nearby Heydrich Mountains as it was that temple which ordered her capture in the first place.

In additon to the listed treasure the temple also contains the Book of Thanatos which contains the spells; Enlarge, Reduce, Mass Enlarge, Mass Reduce, Giant Form 1, and Giant Form 2, the book is written in Abyssal and bound in human skin, if read it confers a +5 bonus to Knowledge; Religion, Planes, and History when dealing with Giants, or Thanatos. As well as Selina's journal which reveals all of the same information which could be gained by talking to her and Nezroch.

Ogre CR 3

If the party takes their intelligence to High Priestess Britta she will set out at once with her temple guards to confront Guild Misterss Alwina but find the Tower to be deserted by the time she arrives there. Alwina has fled the city and is no doubt en route to the temple of Thanatos in the Heydritch Mountains. Britta will beg the party to continue to aid her; to go into the Heydritch Mountains and scout out the location of the temple so she and her temple guards can storm it and rescue Holy Virgin Simone.

If the party attempts to Aprehend Alwina themselves they will meet with almost certain doom.

Archmage CR 19

The Mountain Temple
LVs 3-7
High Priestess Britta Schoenherr has hired the party to scout out the Heydrich Mountains and locate a hidden temple of Thanatos and the fugitive Guild Misterss Alwina Schober who has kidnapped Holy Virgin Simone Segert from the Temple of Elesium back in the City of Stauffer.

As our heroes investigate the mountains they may be accosted by wandering groups of ogres and ogrekin guarding the valley where the temple lies.

3 Ogrekin CR 2
2 Ogres CR 3

A successful Survival test allows the party to follow the tracks back to the temple of Thanatos. On approaching the site the party can see that the temple is led by a hill giantess named Clurvog who has many ogres, ogrekin, and cultists living in the complex with her. Not all of the cultists are human, indeed most of them may be orcs, and half-orcs.

In addition to the cult of Thanatos there are cages full of captives who are being tortured by the cult with the goal of converting them to the worship of Thanatos. Those who refuse to convert are instead devoured by the cannibalistic cult. A successful Stealth test could allow the party to sneak to the cages.

Once at the cages a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate test could convince the captives to relate to them what became of Guildmistress Alwina and Holy Virgin Simone. Apparently Alwina arrived some time ago with Simone as her captive, they remained at the temple for some time but then a Cloud Castle appeared in the sky and they ascended to it before it drifted away seemingly against the wind. A Disable Device test could be used to free the captives so they can assist the party in battling the cult or a Stealth test could be used to abandon them to their fate.

Clurvog also keeps a journal with all of this information contained therein as well.

Once the party returns to High Priestess Britta she will entreat them to set off in search of the Cloud Castle in a skyship, the venture, which she offers them in exchange for the favour.

7 Cultists CR 1
Hill Giant CR 7

The Cloud Temple
LVs 7-13
High Priestess Britta Schoenherr has hired the party to track down a Cloud Castle likely containing a temple of Thanatos and the fugitive Guild Misterss Alwina Schober who has kidnapped Holy Virgin Simone Segert from the Temple of Elesium back in the City of Stauffer.

After much searching and following up on various rumors our heroes sight the Cloud Castle on the horizon. A successful Stealth test is required to prevent the castle watch from sighting the Venture.

With a second successful Stealth test the Venture is able to sneak up on the castle and dock alongside without anyone inside noticing. This will allow the party to sneak into the castle.

If either of these tests fails the castle dispatches hill giants mounted on rocs to intercept the Venture and alters it's own course to intercept them as well. A successful Fly test allows the Venture to escape the castle but on a failure the storm giant Hukog attacks the Venture mounted on a thunderbird. The ogres must be dealt with either way.

2 Hill Giants CR 7
Storm Giant CR 13

The castle does contain Hukog and her hill giant worshippers as well as a large shrine to Thanatos. If the party is able to question Hukog somehow, procure her journal, or rescue the captives she keeps on hand to feed her canibalistic hunger they find that Guildmistress Alwina did use the castle to transport Holy Virgin Simone to the Grand Temple of Thanatos deep in the Kresge Mountains but they both departed there.

Taking this information back to High Priestess Britta leads to a final entreat to storm the Grand Temple, and this time Britta herself is willing to accompany.

The Volcano Temple
LV 13-22
High Priestess Britta Schoenherr has hired the party to track down the fugitive Guild Misterss Alwina Schober who has kidnapped Holy Virgin Simone Segert from the Temple of Elesium back in the City of Stauffer. She believes Alwina has taken refuge in the secret Grand Temple to Thanatos deep in the Kresge Mountains and together you are taking the Skyship Venture to storm the temple and rescue the Holy Virgin.

The Temple is patrolled on the ground by fire giants and in the skies by fire giants riding phoenixes. A successful stealth test will be needed to approach the Temple.

If this test fails or the party decides not to use stealth then Dlifius herself will lead a defensive sally against any attackers. Dilifus is a thanatotic titan and considered the current avatar of Thanatos.

Fire Giant CR 10
Thanatotic Titan CR 22

Defeating Dilifus will still leave Guildmistress alwina and Holy Virgin Simone inside the Grand Temple. Alwina will confront the party and reveal that in the time it has taken them to reach the Temple Simone has been broken and converted to the cause of Thanatos. She is now a willing participant in the cult.

Alwina's master plan is to use Simone's fall and/or sacrifice to enrage her ancestor the elysian titan Fasos and force Fasos to make an appearance in the Temple. Dilfus (or another avatar of Thanatos) will then have a chance to battle and slay Fasos. Only once Fasos has been killed can Thanatos himself be released from Tartarus, for it requires the blood of Fasos to unlock his prison.

Archmage CR 19

© Copyright 2014 dtothetwo (dotthetwo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2019214-Pathfinder-Giantess-Campaign