*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2019959-Actors-and-Con-Artist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Psychology · #2019959
I think their is a similar relationship between con artist and actors.
To some actors seem like con artist they lie and act like they are anybody. It is thought that is why they can't maintain relationships. True I would say that no doubt has been a problem for some of them at times. They say the best have some kind of tragedy in their life that allows them to become some one else. I don't think I have had much tragedy in my life but I do a pretty good job being some one else when the need arises. Like in important business deals you want to keep the potential customer happy and comfortable the best way to do that is to read them and figure out what their interest are and what find what traits they admire and integrate them in to your character as you casually talk about non business matters. It's not like I am ever gonna see most of them again so why not make a good impression? I think doing that is some what like acting. If I need to convince someone I'm just like them to sell them my product or get a deal on a product I have no problem being who they need me to be. Some think that is dishonest and maybe it is but it is not like I am ripping them off. I have made a lot of money being something I'm not. I think you would be surprised to see who I am and what some people think I am when it is needed. To some I'm just a good ole country boy trying to make ends meet and to others I am an aspiring small time business man looking for anything I can turn a buck on and at other times when necessary I'm something entirely different. I am all those people. Just when it benefits me I am more one than the other. But anyway I think that is pretty similar to acting and I do get so much into the role, I enjoy it! Imagining where my life could go if I could really be the person I am pretending to be. Maybe all of us are like a con artist in some ways when it benefits us in social situations.
© Copyright 2014 Dennis Walker (denniswalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2019959-Actors-and-Con-Artist