*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2021116-Stranded-in-My-Emotions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2021116
Too many lives gone in two short of a time. Need to go to the funeral, but wish not to go.
Stranded in my emotions this morning. One of my daughter's friends died unexpectedly last week and her funeral is today. Last night my daughter called and told me that one of her husband's friends were murdered last night. On Thanksgiving Day, my daughter's mother-in-law told me that one of her cousins also died on the same day as did my daughter's friend. At least two of these were very young people.

I want to go, but I would rather just sit here. I should go, but can't move toward getting ready. I am expected to be there, but right this moment, I can't find the strength to go. So totally stranded in my emotions!

Death has been a constant companion this year. It has been up close and personal, and hanging around the fringes of my family. Loved ones and friends have transitioned on leaving hearts filled with sorrow and grief long before the passing of the sorrow and grief of the one that just left.
It has gotten hard to stay calm and unemotional about so many losses in one year.

May God grant His peace, grace, and mercy to the families that are funeralizing their loved ones today. May He hold those left behind in His arms as they grieve their loss.

Stranded in my emotions this morning. I am praying that I can rise above them and do the right and proper thing for "me" today. That very well may be going out to breakfast with a friend or two, and celebrate the fact that we are still here.

To my family and friends: Please know that I love you, and value you and your friendship. Thank you for always being there for me, and helping me through my difficult times, but more importantly being with me for the good times. Life always has its moments, and today is just another one of those difficult life moments in my life.

Peace and blessings always.
© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2021116-Stranded-in-My-Emotions