*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2022127-I-caller
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2022127
Growing up together. This entry has been edited. Original is maintained below it.
  Nate no longer had his long curly tether, and Git wanted to learn how. Back then Nate spoke angrily on his tether, which means he was bad. Even when he brings food? The day Nate kept talking without his tether Git was held to the yard. He was being punished for not treating Nate as an equal, he deserved to fend for himself.

  When Nate's hands were tethered to the clicks, nothing changed. Git resolved to learn his lesson, and so laid mostly motionless moving quietly when need be. Once Nate was freed he realized: even with freedom Nate cared for his collar. It occupied all his time! Git's new collar was his reward!

  Nate closed the clasp and the lights came on. Nate smiled and said "Stay." Git obeyed. Nate called, and Git jumped happily towards him. It hurt. Git ran and tried to push it off. Near the wall it stopped, and Nate said "Obey".

  Git didn't understand. He laid to think. Had he used it wrong? Confused, unable to sleep, he finally found his fault: He had not been thankful.

  Nate squirmed at being urged to play. Git went to lick him and the pain came again! He fell from Nate's lap and ran.

  Git's daydreams fell away. He knew Nate ignored him. His grumbling belly was the only complaint he could muster. Hope never hurt until now. He resigned to learning the new sounds, growling each time at the pain. Easiest were the late nights Nate couldn't make sounds, or none were right. Some nights Nate threw his drink at Git, kicking him as he tried to remember his name.

  Git knew that he could take Nate easily, he would not remember much. The only words that Nate could get out  were "Don't come? Back!"


Original:

  Ever since Nate lost his tether Git wanted to learn how. When Nate was tethered in the house Git assumed Nate was bad, angry, even when giving food. The day Nate took his collar without a tether, Git was still held to the yard. He was being punished for not treating Nate as an equal, he deserved to fend for himself.

  When Nate got re-tethered by his hands, nothing changed. Git resolved to learn his lesson, and so laid mostly motionless moving quietly when need be. Once Nate's was freed it dawned on him: even with freedom Nate cared for his collar. It occupied all his time! Git's new collar was his reward!

  As Nate closed the clasp the lights came on. Nate smiled and said "Stay." Git obeyed. Nate called his name, and he jumped happily towards him. It hurt. Git ran and tried to push it off. Near the wall it stopped, and Nate said "Obey".

  Git didn't understand. He laid to think. Had he used it wrong? Unable to sleep he saw found his fault. He had not been thankful.

  Nate squirmed at being urged to play. Git went to lick him and the pain came again! He fell from Nate's lap and ran.

  Git's daydreams fell away. He knew Nate ignored him. His grumbling belly was the only complaint he could muster. Hope never hurt until now. He resigned to learning the new sounds, growling each time at the pain. Easiest were the late nights he couldn't make the right sounds, or none were right. Nate threw his drink at Git, kicking him as he tried to remember his name.

  Git knew that he took Nate easily, he would not have remembered much. The only words that Nate could get out as were "Don't come? Back!"
© Copyright 2014 No Exceptions (skraushaar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2022127-I-caller