*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023131-Go-Fuck-Yourself
Rated: 18+ · Other · Personal · #2023131
A rant on a customer service experience.
"Go fuck yourself."

That was the last thing the client said to me over the phone before he slammed/hung up the phone. And to be honest, it was one of the worst feelings ever, especially after the call ended.

How did it get to that point?

I've done phone customer service before and I can only remember one other "notable" instance where the client sexually threatened/harassed me. But that's a long gone instance.

Reflecting back on this there are two sides of the story, which neither myself or Mr. Gofuckyourself can be objective about the recurring instance. I can claim that he was rude from the get go baiting me into his irrational rage, and ruffling my feathers. He can claim that I was a rude agent, not giving him the answers he wanted to hear, furthering his irrational rage (see I'm still not objective).

But honestly, what causes people to act in such a way. Even if the agent has a tone which conveys a sense of resentful obligation, if the call is progressing, why act like a jerk? Why even start the call thinking your above the person trying to help you? Why insult people you've never met? Why even attempt  the call if all you're wanting is a fight?

You want to "make" that person feel remorse, then act like professional and let the agent dig himself their own grave. Acting like a dick, insulting them and telling them to fuck off isn't a way to get your point across.

People can justify the caller's experience in claiming, he may have been having a bad day, or it doesn't matter cause the customer is always right and that's his disposition, or whatever the reason is, an agent helping someone out never has any right to act rude. But guess what? That agent, who is in fact a person too, is someone who experiences the same emotions. The difference between the client and the agent?

The agent always needs to convey a sense of helpfulness, be confident for the client, and solve or help them solve their issue.

And that's a statement I will always agree with. I will always do my best to assist customers, to show them what they need to do if they're interested, and continue to assure them that their issue will be solved.

I will admit, I've been a difficult customer when I'm on the other end. I've given those agents a hard time, but I've never been deragatory, offensive, vulgar, or condescending.

In the end, to the Mr/Mrs. GoFuckYourselfs, I sincerely hope that one day that all of you can reflect on your actions towards another, especially to those who you've never met and probably will never meet, and change your disposition. My irrational side would rather you go fuck yourself, but unfortunately that won't happen, and fortunately, my rational side would rather shake it off and let you go own your merry way.


P.S. To further clarify the sense of obligation statement, personally, I never view myself needing a sense of obligation. To me that's someone who doesn't want to be there and is performing the job because their own personal situation within their control or outside of their control. I'm always glad to help people no matter what
© Copyright 2014 fastwrite (jroc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023131-Go-Fuck-Yourself