*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023619-Wheres-Mommy-
by Dan.N
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #2023619
A fiction on how a boy loses his mother, the terrible way.
''Breakfast's ready!'' exclaimed Mrs Brown.



''On my way,''



         It was a snowy Monday morning and everything was supposed to be fine as always. Harold, Mrs Brown's only child was on cloud nine as schools around Georgia had to be closed due to the heavy snow.



''You're going to work right? So, can I hang out with my friends today?Please,'' plead Harold, while making the please take-pity-on-me face.



''No, you're coming with me. There are plenty of work I left there. Plus, maybe you could lend me a hand,'' replied Mrs Brown



''Please,''



''NO! Our grocery store needs to be cleaned. You cannot rely fully on Uncle Ray. He must be exhausted,''



Harold pulled a sad face. ''Okay but I hope it won't be long,''



         After breakfast, Mrs Brown sped on her Chevy to the store. Harold who was at the back sit just looked outside. The snow was indeed very thick.



''We've arrived,'' said Mrs Brown



         The store was located 7 blocks away. It was just an average sundry store selling all sorts of household needs. Mrs Brown was a single mother. Her husband died of lung cancer 3 years prior. Luckily for her, Mr Brown left the store for her. It was her only source of income. She hired a man, Ray to help her out at the store. She's always trusted Ray as he was almost always honest.



''Are you gonna help me or not?'' questioned Mrs Brown.



''I'm going to take some fresh air first. I'll be helping. No worries,'' he replied.



         The air was undoubtedly fresh and cold. Although Harold was wearing layers of clothing plus the sweater, he still could feel the chill in his spines. After a while, he was lost in his thoughts. Many things went on his mind. The time spent with his father. The time he helped his father. He still remembered each word his father said. The memories were haunting him. Out of the blue, there was a scream. It was his MOTHER'S! He ran into the store. Pin drop silence. He ran to the back and he had the shock of his life.



Blood was everywhere,

Things were out of place,

A knife was on the ground,

And the most devastating sight,

His mother was bleeding from her cut.



''MOMMY! WHAT HAPPENED?!'' shouted Harold, his heart was a mixture of fright and sorrow.



''R..Ray..Ray'' Mrs Brown said in a shaky voice.



''WHAT HE'S DONE?!



''Mo..Money..........'' that was her final words



         Harold took her mother's cellphone and contacted the hospital for an ambulance. Then, he ran out and asked for help. Fortunately, there were many people there. They quickly entered the store to offer help. one of them even contacted the police.

The ambulance and police soon arrive. The scene was full of police officers and medical staffs. The police questioned Harold but he wasn't much of a help as he didn't witness the crime. But, he told the details his mother told him.Shortly, the police managed to track down Ray. He was sentenced to prison for life.



         Since the murder, Harold was sent to his close relatives. He had then changed a lot. He is no longer a happy-go-lucky type of boy. His life has changed for the bad. He wished he hadn't said '' I hope it won't be long ''.



THE END
© Copyright 2014 Dan.N (danny14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023619-Wheres-Mommy-