*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023967-Taking-the-Risk
by Llya
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #2023967
she decides to stand and try to make a change but sometimes that's easier said than done.
Aynslee Velasquez



She wakes up to find herself in a queen-sized bed, trying to sit up she winces in pain and catches her breath. Struggling through the pain; she is able enough to try and see where she is. Because she knew that she wasn’t at the hospital or her own house. Looking around she notices very expensive items such as the real wooden black dresser, a towering entertainment center complete with a 60 inch flat screen television, along with some other things. Also, the nice silk sheets that she is wrapped in and the silk pajama set that she now realizes she has on.



Seeing her reflection in the television set, she gasps. Two black eyes, bruises on her mocha colored face, and a busted lip. Wanting to move closer, the pain disables her to do so, rendering her immobile. Lifting the sheet, she sees that her legs are propped up on pillows, her right ankle wrapped tightly in some bandages. It looks really swollen but she could not feel the pain or tell if it was broken. The slight jiggle of the door knob causes her to flinch, winces as the flinch made the pain circulate through her muscles. Enters this dark chocolate young man with dark blue jogging pants on and no shirt.



Feeling a little frightened at the strange man, she sits there in pain. Even if she wanted to do something about it, she could not because of how much pain she is in right now. Muscles rippling from his arms as he carries a medium black steel tray full of breakfast food: eggs, pancakes, bacon, grits, and apple juice. Their eyes meet and with a bright smile, he greets her, "Nice to see you're up."



Her mind not really noting who he is, she stares blankly at him but smiles when he sets the tray in her lap. But, his face did look very familiar, however when she tried to remember; a migraine would shut it down.



"I wanted to bring you some breakfast before I headed out for a run." He places his hands on his hips while he watches her dig into the breakfast. She looks up at him and nods. "Okay." He claps once, "Bathroom is over there." he points to the right and she tries to look at the bathroom entrance but the pain only limited her to look half way, then back at him.



"There are fresh towels and wash cloths. I have also, asked my personal assistant to do a little clothes shopping for you, so you could have something to wear other than that torn and dirty dress. She should be by here soon." He looks at his watch. She nods chewing on the bacon, not feeling so comfortable eating with him standing there.



"If you need anything my pager and cell number is on the nightstand." She looks to her left next to the bed, there is a black night stand that matches the black, white, and a little blue theme going on in the bedroom. She turns back to him. "The maid...err...butler Jere, who is tending to the kitchen can help you as well, okay?" She nods, he ambles up to her and kisses her forehead, then leaves.



She cringe when he kissed her forehead, she didn’t understand what made him think in his right mind that she would be comfortable with that. Still having no idea what is going on, but so far she loved it. Especially, the breakfast in bed idea. She has never been served breakfast in bed before. She was always the one giving the person the food in bed. But, they never returned the favor. She only wishes that she could remember who the guy was and what happened the night before.



However, trying to remember only brought on a serve migraine. Grabbing the television remote from the nightstand, she turns on the television. Flipping through the channels, she stops at the news channel; she hates the news because there is so much sadness in the world. However, no one really tried to change the sadness, but the people that did, were treated badly and shot down. All because people don’t like change.



The face of her ex-lover Patrick West is plastered on the television screen. Gasping, she turns the volume up to get a better hear, she flinches again because of the unexpected surround sound system scares her something horrible. "Just in Patrick Larkin West, suspected murderer, drug dealer, and also suspected of having an underground prostitution ring has been captured today. Police found Mr. West hiding out at his baby mom's house in the closet..."



She turns down the volume, she knew that he was always sleeping with his baby mama, for all of the 8 years they have been together; even when he denied it. She knew better than that. She also figured that he had been sleeping with other females as well. To her, it was a bullet dodged when she went to her doctor for a regular checkup and everything came back clean. Sighing, finally finished with her meal, she sets the tray on the empty side of the bed and looks at the business card that the young man had left her.



Picking it up, she reads his name, "Tyson Reese; Apex Sciences Computers. Computer Science Engineer." The name did sound very familiar to her, but as she tried to think on where she'd heard his name, that serve migraine started to rear its ugly head back in. She pushed the thoughts aside for now.

© Copyright 2014 Llya (jonoahamber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023967-Taking-the-Risk