*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024355-Dear-Me
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2024355
Letter to self in regards to writing goals for the new year.
Dear Me ;

You've wasted more than enough time thinking, reading, dreaming and obsessing about becoming a writer. Wouldn't you agree that the time has finally come to start doing what writers ultimately do, which is to write?
Think back about 30 years if you can still recall that far back in time. Don't you remember just how much less effort it used to take for you to weave a good story? Granted you had considerably less baggage back then ; fewer issues demanding your undivided attention. Still, back then you would not allow your writing to become an issue, itself.
Why, pray tell, should you let it be so now?
Enough.
Let's start talking goals....
15 minutes a day - or, rather, a night - stream of conscience thought translated into words on pages until eventually, inevitably, these words are transformed into something , dare I say, publishable. How long that might take is entirely up to you...and/or, of course, any prospective publisher.
The most important thing is to put all of the stressing and obsessing of the past to rest and do what you know must be done....
WRITE !



Best Wishes for a (finally) Productive New Year ;

Debbie



(202 words)
© Copyright 2015 Debbie M (yorkshiroots at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024355-Dear-Me