*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024694-Dragon-Spawn
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2024694
The first and second chapters of a story i'm working on.
1



Sacred blood was spilled…a secret to conceal. Sacred blood Darwin! Sacred blood!

Darwin, first knight of Avalon, awoke with a scream from his tortured sleep. “Sacred blood!” He jumped off the bed and backed away from it as if at any moment it might spring to life and attack. “Sacred blood spilled…” The echoes of the dream whispered still. “A secret to conceal! “ He put his hands over his ears and shook his head trying to rid himself of the demonic voices...or at least they sounded like demons. Wretched creatures with tortured souls, as his was now, screaming continuously inside his head…

“Sacred blood Sir Darwin, sacred blood! “No more, I beg of you!” Darwin pleaded. “Be gone, curse me no longer!’ The screams fade to whispers “Darwin! Sacred blood!



2



Vasmir, princess born, screamed and sat up in her sweat drenched bed. “Daughter of a dragon’s whore!” The voices she had been hearing in her nightmare continued to ring inside her head. “Royal blood defiled! Defile thyself Vasmir!” “No no no!” she screamed. Penelope, the princess’s aide and trusted friend ran to her side. “My lady!” she cried Vasmir looked at the girl, not really seeing her and screamed louder. “Daughter of a dragon’s whore!” the voices continued to torment her. Penelope grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her. “My lady wake up! Wake up please!” Vasmir could not hear the girl’s voice. The voices inside her head were loud, unrelenting. Vasnmir continued to scream, eyes wide with the look of terror and filled with tears. Penelope did the unthinkable, she slapped the princess. Normally striking a member of the royal family was punishable by death, but the girl didn’t know what else to do. Vasmir’s screams turned to sobs as the voices faded, “Vasmir! Dragon spawn!



© Copyright 2004 dark knight815 (UN: seeker815 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
© Copyright 2015 Darkknight815 (darkknight815 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024694-Dragon-Spawn