*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024913-Beauty-is-skin-deep
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #2024913
The title says it all
The idea of ‘beauty’ has been embedded into our heads from ages as young as 3, from the simplest things such as the common Barbie doll.

Firstly If we look in the dictionary at the word beauty, the definition is ‘the quality present IN a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind’. This is my point exactly.

The dictionary even states that beauty is something present IN a person or a thing , inside that person. So basically, its looking inside a person and seeing their inner beauty because what's on the outside is only skin deep and will eventually fade.

So yes I agree with the saying beauty is only skin deep.

Secondly, we have the perfect example, the story of 'beauty and the beast '. Beauty hated gaston ( a very handsome man but with an ugly personality ) but fell in love with a beast that had a heart of gold.

What I mean is beauty is only an appearance, its superficial , its like a cover for your soul ..

The cover may be pretty but its worth none if the object it is covering for Is broken or simply bad .

To sum up People may get attracted by Your looks but they eventually will fall in love with your character . Its the inner you that will always make an impact on people's life.

And its the inner you that makes the difference from a lifeless barbie
© Copyright 2015 Kei-chan (midnightsorrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024913-Beauty-is-skin-deep