*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025013-The-Visitors
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2025013
Ned the stargazer gets an unexpected visit from something that could surely end his life.
THE VISITORS

Ned Sullivan was laying out on a grass field that stretched as far as the eye could see. No buildings or mountains anywhere in sight. Just...plain. It was night time and he was staring up at the sky, stargazing. Every other Friday, he'd come out to stargaze for about an hour. Ned and his wife used to go out and stargaze all the time, but sadly, she had passed away a few years ago. So in her memory, he went every other week to stargaze, even though only his wife had actually enjoyed it. After she'd passed, he'd look up, not at the stars, but at his wife who he knew would be looking down, smiling.

While looking up, he noticed one of the stars was bigger than all of the rest. He suspected it was Venus, but he couldn't be more wrong. The light started getting bigger, Ned closed his eyes for a few seconds to see if he was just imagining the light, but he wasn't. He opened his eyes and the light was the size of the moon now and still, it was getting even bigger, then he noticed that it wasn't getting bigger, it was getting closer! He heard a strange noise and realized that what he was looking at was a UFO. Ned was frozen. He didn't want to move due to the fear of it seeing him. He just laid still.

The UFO was really close now. The strange sound it was making was very loud now, but the noise stopped as soon as it landed. The UFO landed not ten meters away. It was strangely small sized and was appeared to be a saucer. A hissing sound came from it and a ramp shot down into the ground. The doors to the craft opened and a cloud of steam rushed outside of it. Behind the cloud of steam was what looked to be tall black armored creatures with some sort of alien rifle. They marched out in two rows of eight and stopped once they were all outside their ship. The row on Ned's left turned left and walked five steps forward and turned around, the right row did the same, but turned right instead of left. Another alien walked out of the ship, but this one was different. It wasn't wearing a helmet. The creature's face was ash grey and its head was huge. It walked towards Ned. Ned stood up. The alien kept walking and then stopped two feet in front of Ned. It leaned forward until its face was not an inch away from Ned's. What the alien said next was the most amazing thing Ned has ever heard and not something he will ever forget.

The alien said "You're an idiot."

It then ran back into its ship and the soldiers ran back in too and the ship took off quickly, never to be seen again by human eyes.


Something I wrote because I was bored. :P
© Copyright 2015 EOIWriting (youtube18511 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025013-The-Visitors