*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025087-Dear-Me-2015-an-inspirational-year
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Audrey
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2025087
The letter to myself for my writing goals
Dear Me,
    2014 was a tough year for me.  I lost my mother & my job in less that 6 months.  Usually during that tough time, my writing is top notch.  The problem?  I couldn't write anything.  I felt very stuck and very frustrated.  There were times I struggled so much, all the things I love to do, I didn't want to do.  I knew deep down this wasn't me, but I also knew this was the time for me to properly grieve those losses.
    Now that it is 2015, I write this on my 45th birthday (January 8th) knowing that one of my two New Year's Resolutions is to begin to write again.  It took a little while for me to enjoy music again, so I know this won't be easy.  One of the things I need to do is look into doing a blog of thoughts I have, and believe me, I have a lot of thoughts swimming around that quiet head of mine.  I'm not looking for critiques or anything like that.  This is more like a journal where I write in it everyday, even if there isn't anything for me to write.  I know some of my favorite authors went thru a period where they had a tough time writing and they found ways to get thru it and write some of the best works out there. I also know that my favorite singer of all time also went thru that stage and found his way out of it as well.  If they can do it, I can do it.  I will have to listen to my soul intently, so I can make sure that I don't miss anything she is saying to me. 
      I've always wanted to write a mystery and in order to at least start that, I will have to start writing again.  I know it doesn't have to be perfect or even make sense, but I know I need to write everyday...making it as natural as getting up in the morning.
      I also have a story with me as a main character that I haven't finished either that I want to finish by the end of the year.  I know I have to finish reading a couple of books that relate to the male lead character to shape where I want this story to go and to reshape what I have written so far, but that story means something to me and my heart and will also help towards my other new year's resolution.
      2015 will be a year of inspiration for me because I've gotten out of the darkness and heading toward the light.  I will still have ups and downs, but I know that I will have a wonderful year, and my writing will be strong, inspiring, and most of all fun.

Sincerely,
Audrey C.
aka the quiet one.
© Copyright 2015 Audrey (doxia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025087-Dear-Me-2015-an-inspirational-year