*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025564-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2025564
Intro to a novel I'm writing
Everybody has that one person who walks into their life and changes it forever. For me, it was Addisen. She made me change my mind about the normals. I first noticed her while I was standing against the only standing wall of a crumbling building. Or should I say hiding. She was just standing there looking at me from across the street. It made me uneasy so I started walking. I walked six blocks to the public restrooms when I realized she was following me. I stepped inside the restrooms and as usual, everyone stared in horror. I ignored them and went to the sink to wash my hands. After everyone left and it was just her and I, I confronted her.
“What do you want?” I snapped. “I don’t like being followed. I didn’t ask for this you know,”
She just stared at me. Not in fear or shock, just staring. I was already irritated, so the longer she just stood there the angrier I got.
“What do you want?” I repeated.
“Your help,” she said. “I know you didn’t want this to happen to you. I can’t imagine how awful it must have been to go through,” That really struck me hard. No one I have met since that day I changed has shown me any kind of compassion. Yet, here was this girl, not afraid, not wanting to turn me in, but showing she cares and asking for help.
“What do you need my help with?” I asked. I usually don’t do things for anyone, but she was being nice.
She said, “They took my sister,”
© Copyright 2015 shaelyn (sidryann87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025564-Untitled