*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025904-Naomis-Diary-Kiss-a-Ginger-Day
Rated: 13+ · Other · Friendship · #2025904
Naomi's friends have a surprise in store for her in this impromptu holiday
(January 12, 2015)

Dear Diary,

Well... today was quite interesting. Ever since the weather got cold, Natasha has been spending all day in front of her heater. While it's nice that she's not causing any trouble, I've been really bored... Though, today, my friends had something planned for me. Right after I had breakfast, there was a knock on my door. Both Ruth and Taylor showed up today with a grin. It was actually kinda creepy the way the grinned at me. They asked me, "Guess what day it is!" When I said I didn't know, they said that today was "Kiss a Ginger day!" I was a little surprised that they had an entire day for this... once I got outside and got a jacket on, they closed my eyes and led me away.

Once they let me open my eyes, they brought me to a park to a small stand they made. It read, "Kissing booth, $1." I was a little shocked that they set up a kissing booth for me. Ruth set up my makeup, and put lipstick on me, and then they told me to sit at the booth, and let down my hood, and show my bright orange hair to the world. I still wasn't sure that people would bother to kiss me, let alone pay a dollar to do so... I sat there, waiting for people to show up. It felt like I was sitting there for hours. I felt a little discouraged. Ruth and Taylor started calling out for people on the street to come my way.

Finally, one boy came down and placed a dollar bill on the desk. I jumped out of my boredom. He seemed kinda cute... I wasn't sure if he actually wanted to kiss me, but he obviously paid, so I just leaned forward and puckered my lips. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before leaving with a smile. I felt myself getting hotter, and my cheeks get rosy. That was my first kiss since high school. Of course, I was thinner back then...

Sure enough, Ruth and Taylor's advertising paid off! There were quite a few more people coming to my kissing booth. There were guys my age, older guys, even kids... By the time we reached lunch, we accumulated at least 30 dollars! We were so excited that we went out for lunch! You remember that one place we went with the giant hamburger I ate, right Diary? Well, we went there again. And after we had lunch there, we went back to the kissing booth. There were still some people who came over, though there was one guy that came to my booth several more times. I didn't think too much of it.

By the time we finished, we got another twenty dollars! We split the money between the three of us, but Ruth and Taylor gave me the extra two dollars, just because! Of course, I was thrilled. So many people decided to give me a kiss today... it really warmed my heart. It gave this fuzzy feeling. Well, good night... I don't know how this could get better, diary.

(January 13, 2015)

Dear Diary,

Last night, I had the most amazing dream... that David boy from work came to my house. He said that it was a part of the Kiss a Ginger Day... He brought out a huge cake and said it was just for me! He cut up pieces for me and fed it to me It tasted amazing... like nothing I could even imagine! Seriously, I don't think I could tell you, Diary... then I pulled off my shirt and he rubbed my full belly, and finally, we...

*A big blue stain renders the rest of the page unreadable....*



© Copyright 2015 The Phantom (phantom1053 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025904-Naomis-Diary-Kiss-a-Ginger-Day