*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026337-WIP-Haunted-by-Tickles
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #2026337
What if one day you got home from work and were visited by a "friendly" ghost?
Introduction:
I came with the idea for the following story after feeling a sort of itch/tingle/tickle on my shoulder, and wondering how funny it would have been if said feeling was caused by a spirit or ghost. *Pthb* I was going to write it in first person, but after some pondering, decided to stick with the third. It lets me be a little more descriptive this way. *Wink*

It is a work in progress, and critique is welcome. Hope you enjoy it!


Story:
It was a sunny Friday afternoon, with clear skies and the sound of children playing outside. The day had been rather busy for Jason, and the heat in the office wasn't helping either. At least his shift was almost over, and he was only a couple minutes away from a weekend off. Ten more minutes, to be exact.

The young man closed his development tools, wrote a couple of self-reminder notes for the following week and checked his e-mail inbox. There was one new message, sent by an unknown address and with no subject. Jason read it out loud.

"'Hello, would you like to play? I'll be waiting.' What's that, a prank? And who sent me that? Meh, probably just spam."

The junior programmer shrugged and deleted the message, then proceeded to close any other open applications on his computer before turning it off. He grabbed his keys, wallet and phone from his table, signed his time sheet, said good bye to the few colleagues that were still working and took his leave.

Jason didn't live far off from his office, and thus didn't mind walking his way home. Somehow walking under the sun seemed less taxing than staying inside the office, or at least that's what he figured. Nothing too exciting happened during his trip, and after fifteen minutes he was already home.

Once he got there, the young male was greeted by a sign on the door:

"We are visiting your aunt and won't be home until late tonight. The keys are on the flower pot, and there's food in the fridge. Love, Grandpa & Grandma."

"Huh, guess I'll be by myself for some time then. Oh well." He found the keys with ease, opened the door and went straight to his room, lying back on his bed and kicking his shoes. "Ahhhhh, weekend! Man, I feel tired. And it's hot in here." He briefly got up to turn his fan on then returned to the bed. His eyes were closed, arms rested by his sides, legs extended and his socked feet near the edge of the mattress.

Jason was beginning to fall asleep when he felt something on one of his shoulder. A mixture of an itch and a tickle. He snickered and scratched the area, but not a minute passed before the feeling returned. He sat up and looked around, one hand on his shoulder.

"Hello? Anyone there?" No one answered. He laid down again, eyes staring at the ceiling this time. A thought intruded his mind. "'Hello, would you like to play? I'll be waiting.' First, that message, and now, this... weird feeling. Am I imagining things?"

Before he could ponder any longer, the same sensation was felt on his foot, to which he yelped and quickly pulled both legs, sitting up again. "Alright, this is getting silly. C'mon, who's there?"

Jason got up and looked under his bed, but found no one. He was starting to doubt himself, trying to figure out a reason for those feelings. "Could this be body static? Maybe I'm just tense?" He sighed. "This is just getting silly now... I need to calm down. And some water."

He walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. "Some nice, tasty, deliciously refreshing water." He served a glass for himself and closed the fridge, then drank half of it in a single gulp. "Ahhhhh, nice! I guess it's just the heat, I should be fine in no time at all!".
He finished his glass and left it into the sink, then headed back to his room.

As he stepped inside, he felt as if someone poked his sides, left and right, rhythmically alternating between them. A few giggles escaped his mouth as he squirmed, turning around only for the imaginary attacker to target his stomach instead. If it was imaginary at all.

"Noooo, stohohop it! It tickles!". Jason protested in between his giggles, swatting at the air and backing away until he hit his bed. He turned around and crawled onto it, but an invisible force held his left foot stuck just over the edge. "H-hey! Let go!"

Jason felt as if a single finger teased the skin through the fabric of his white and black sock; circling outwards from the center of the heel, zigzagging across the arch, scritching and scratching on the ball, wiggling under the toes. Each sensation causing that almost defenseless foot to squirm, curl its toes, spread them and thug itself in an attempt to get free. Jason wasn't particularly sensitive there, but this time, the male had trouble fending off his built up laughter, covering his mouth and banging his right fist on a pillow.

He then noticed something pulled on his sock, slowly revealing his bare sole. He curled his toes, but tried to calm himself. Nobody managed to effectively tickle his bare feet before, he didn't need to worry too much then. Right?

"Gah! W-wait!" Wrong. Against his prior experience, the sensation was in fact stronger than he had expected. A mild swear is heard in between his light laughter. His body struggled and his foot jerked, but to no avail. "C'mohohohohohon, dohohohon't! Ack! Let me gohohoho plehehehease? Eep!"

[WIP - continued]
© Copyright 2015 AShadowyGuy (ashadowyguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026337-WIP-Haunted-by-Tickles