*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026721-Strange-Evil-Prolouge
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2026721
..........
-Prologue


         Two dark shadows slipped out of the bushes and deeper into the forest. It was midnight, the moon was full, it was bright, and it was high.
         One of them seemed to be a small girl, the other was a tall man. They were running at the same pace when they met the dark stranger.
         "Ah, so you two finally show up... I thought you never would, after all, Rubella... That servant of yours is quite slow when it comes to carrying out your orders," he snickered, he was a wrinkly old man and looked quite poor- however, powerful.
         The tall man hissed back at the old man as if he was pretending to be a cat.
         "Now, now, Dojio... We'll have none of that," he said pointing at him. Within a second the man was a little kitten. "Now, Rubella... let's make a deal..."
         The little girl scooped up the little kitten that was batting at the old man angrily. "O- of course!" she said wide-eyed.
         "We'll do it like this; you want the shard right? To swallow and become invincible, am I correct?"
"Yes."
"Then here's the deal,"
         Rubella leaned forward to listen.
         "As a Changer, you rarely get children to accept going to a new world with a modified life, am I correct?"
         "Oh, yes, defiantly," nodded Rubella
         "You must succeed in changing a child's life."
         "Oh please! This could actually be easy, isn't that right Doji?"
         The kitten looked up at her, he still looked angry, after all, it was not easy for him to be such a weak, frail animal.
         The old man raised an eyebrow.
         "All we have to do is search for a child who gives in easily!" Rubella continued. "I think that shard will come to me quite easily!"?"No, no it won't," said the old man. "I'm assigning you a specific girl."?
         "Who?" Rubella almost dropped Dojio in shock.
"Hmm... Let's see... A sixteen year-old girl, her name is Tess Avery."?"Why?"
         "No reason."?"Well, whatever, can't be too hard."?"We shall see about that."?"Yeah? Like this Tess person could actually be a challenge for me."
         The old man turned his back to them and slowly began walking back to his log cabin.
         "Wait!" shouted Rubella angrily.
The old man slowly turned back to them. "Yes...?" he croaked.
         "Turn my Doji human again right now!"
"Yes, yes..." He said pointing at Dojio.
         After that, in the blink of an eye, Dojio was sitting like a cat on top of Rubella. He looked quickly around. "Rubella...?"
Rubella threw him into the bushes. He lay there. Rubella ran over to him to help him up. "Are you alright, my Doji?" she said pulling on his arm.
         "Yeah, yeah, Im fine." He said quickly getting back to his feet. Then he turned to the old man. "You," he started angrily, "are challenging powers you could never imagine," he took a step toward the old man. The old man laughed. "You think so, Doji?"
         "Only Rubella calls me that, old man..."
         "I'd be careful if I were you," the old man said walking away.?"Yeah right..." Dojio said to himself. Then to the old man he said; "An since when, when have I ever carried out Rubella's orders slowly?"
         "You really feel like questioning me, Dojio?" said the old man.?Dojio slowly nodded his head, he had a challenging smirk on his face. At that moment the old man shot him a cold glance. Dojio froze in horror.
         "Doji?" Rubella said slowly, "Is everything alright?"
Dojio fell to the ground, limp and cold, lifeless...
         "DOJIO!" screamed Rubella.
Dojio's eyes where wide open, for certain he was dead. There was no movement, he was not breathing and his heart was not beating.
Rubella quickly turned to the old man, her eyes full of tears. "What have you done?"
         The old man only looked at Dojio, with a smile.
"Answer me fool!"
         The old man turned to meet Rubella's eyes. "You are easily tricked, young lady."
         "W-what did you say...?" Rubella was no longer crying, she was now hot with anger.
         "Dojio is not dead, he is indeed alive. Though I must tell you, he is experiencing a bit of pain right now."
         "What are you talking about? He's right here, Dojio is right here and he is dead, do you not see it? Explain your filthy self!"
         "Dojio is not dead, he is frozen, along with his heart, and his breathing of course has stopped. True, he may seem dead, very dead, however, he is not."
         "Help him." whispered Rubella.
"He must learn to keep his thoughts to himself." the old man said putting his arm under Dojio's head. He looked him straight in the eye, sure enough, as you might have guessed; as soon as Dojio was well again, he punched the old man in the nose. Dojio ran over to Rubella before the old man could make another move. "Rubella! Lets get out of here!"
         Rubella nodded and they both ran off.



© Copyright 2015 Rosemarie J. McKenzie (damein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026721-Strange-Evil-Prolouge